News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Is there anyone who have info about the Waldeck Merit order ? 

What I can find the Merit Order 4th class wo Swords was awarded 1896-1918 400-450 times.

Not very common at all , and what I until now have discovered is that at least two Swedish got the Order :)

One was Knut Badhe working for the Royal Court in Sweden , and he had a lot of different orders ....

And this guy 

Forrester Carl Reinhold Hullström born 1862 , he got a RVO in 1901 ? ( Swedish Vasa Order) , Preuss Crown Order 1901-1903 sometime and in 1914 he had the WFO 4 ( Waldeck Meit Order 4th class.

I wonder what connection with Waldeck he had , who got him the order ?

He has now disappeared in the fog of history , but hes miniature orders is still here.

Christer

IMG_1341.JPG

I have both 1906 and 1907 and Hullström has the Verdienstkreuz in both of them. 

Hullström was forrester in Örbyhus which was owned by the von Rosen family so perhaps the Waldeck's was visiting and hunting on the estate?

Another interesting thing is that Hullström lived in the town of Marma, in a house called "Villa Waldeck". So there is some kind of connection there. 

Here is a picture of Hullström.

Hullström.JPG

Edited by JohanH

17 hours ago, JohanH said:

I have both 1906 and 1907 and Hullström has the Verdienstkreuz in both of them. 

Hullström was forrester in Örbyhus which was owned by the von Rosen family so perhaps the Waldeck's was visiting and hunting on the estate?

Another interesting thing is that Hullström lived in the town of Marma, in a house called "Villa Waldeck". So there is some kind of connection there. 

Here is a picture of Hullström.

Hullström.JPG

Wow , Thanks for the pic Johan , interesting to get a picture to the name.

" Villa Waldeck" is an interesting name for a house in Sweden :)  Must see if I can find any more info about this man . Thanks again