News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Gentlemen, 

I will be very grateful if you could give me your opinion on another Saxon medal bar currently on ebay.

bar_1.thumb.jpg.0f4382f1130ad71fe5ae7502f22a197b.jpgbar_2.thumb.jpg.24153c116575b366290ba06ada0a0110.jpgbar_3.jpg.233c8e378937e7f324aaf56c3ea54e38.jpg

I have few questions/concerns:

1)+The ribbons from the bar have clear signs of wear and those signs seem to be uniform across different awards and the awards look good.

-However the quality of the attachment of the awards/sewing of ribbons looks to me poorer compared to other officer Saxon bars seen on this forum but may be it is just because the bar was not kept properly. 

-The sudwestafrika denkmunze is not attached at the same level as the other awards. 

2)-Is the combination of the Albrechtsorden  1 class with crown and swords compatible with the Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1915 ?

From what I saw on this forum, Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1915 is generally present on non-combatant bars. 

Unfortunately I could not check this award in the Rangliste der Königlich-Sächsischen Armee as I could find those only till 1914. 

3) I saw on other thread of this forum (where from I borrowed some images) that the gross-namaland bar was faked a lot. 

The one on this bar appears to me to be close to the ones from this thread:  

this medal bar: 

1188857674_bar_3-Copy.jpg.3552c8de590883036b894f207d3bbfaf.jpg

other ones from this forum which seem to be close to it: 

gross_1.jpg.19d6472394938f3f2f013b254efe9590.jpg

gross_2.jpg.66953a51c5b1c7ef9b8682f2ccca861c.jpg

gross_3.jpg.49baaf9bf02ebdf9f0bc5da1d29849fc.jpg

All of those seem to have matching letter designs and the font. 

However I found slightly different font on few bars from kunker: 

gross_kunk_1.JPG.9618fdebf6f434c36bf39e7f5255a76e.JPG

gross_kunk_3.JPG.5fd651940fb536b4f0999f40d83902ef.JPG

I would be very grateful for any comment on the above 3 points (or other of course). 

Thank you a lot,

Lucky

Hi

I have found only 2 saxon officier who received SA3aXKr and KVK (which can match with this medal bar). But in my list I have no idea if those officers received the Colonial medal.

It's the first time I see such claps on the colonial medal.

Why there is no Prussian colonial medal like RAO4X or KO4X ?

Christophe

Was it a general rule for officers acting in Colonies to receive those military awards ? 

I agree that on most officer medal bars with colonial claps I can see have RAO4X or KO4X. 

However I found those medal bars which do not have RAO4X or KO4X:

https://www.suche-militaria.de/artikel/Ordenspange-mit-13-Auszeichnungen-1331280326.html

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Alexander_Meurer_IMMH_Orden_4.jpg

Also, I not sure if there is a list of officers participating in the sudwestafrika but I could find some of the Saxon officers with gross-namaland clasp in the book:

https://brema.suub.uni-bremen.de/dsdk/content/structure/1905769

Der Hottentottenkrieg

This is a bar that needs to be examined 'in hand', I agree that there are some discrepancies that are cause for concern. It is theoretically possible to have the KVK and the Albert, although some argue that this was against statutes. I have a bar with a KVK and war awards, so I think it was possible. The construction is not good, and the photo of the clasp is not sufficient to render an opinion.

• 10 months later...

Gents,

Sadly said, that this origin showed medal bar received two tranformations:

Originally, it had no battle clasp and contained the non-combat medal of “Deutsch Südwest”.

Hopefully, the current owner is registered here and see this obvious fraud?!

BR,

Chris

Origin Medal Bar.JPG

Edited by Gensui