News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lippe bar restored and maybe identified

Hello gents,

this little medalbar came naked without medals and crosses.

Lukily I had the missing awards in my collection, so it is "redressed" now again.

On the bar you find:

-Lippe-Detmold war merit cross

- Hindenburg-cross

- Lippe-Detmold bronze merit medal Leopold-order ( 335 awards in total )

Here are my assumptions, which probably made an identification possible:

The ribbonbar of the war merit cross is definitely a very early one, used until 1915.

The red stripe is pink-coloured and the yellow stripe is more orange than yellow.

The combination is quite unique as he first served as soldier, awarding the war merit cross

but surprisingly no iron cross (the Hindenburg-cross is the 2nd evidence for his military career).

Likely, that the owner left the army during war and should be an older person, as there is also no long-service medal.

The merit medals of the Leopold-order were usually given to private persons, such as teachers, servants

and comparable "lower class" positioned persons in the society.

On top I assumed that the award of the merit medal must be a late one, as no other awards from Lippe-Detmold

are on the medalbar. Therefore I added the last model of the Bronze medal to the bar, produced by C.F. Zimmermann.

Now I checked all 335 receipts for the Bronze medal and I only found one candidate, who had the war merit cross

(without iron cross!) and a late award of the Bronze medal. In addition he was in 1914 already 45 years old (!!!).

Simon Bültemeier (born 25th September 1869 in Kalldorf, Lippe-Detmold)

got the Bronze medal on 11th November 1918 (!) as No. 312 of the list.

His profession was "Waldarbeiter" (working in the forest) and he listed except the war merit cross no other award.

For me Simon Bültemeier is most likely the former owner of this small bar 🙂

Best regards

Roman

Lippe-Schnalle-KVK-FEK-LOBrMed-VS-web.jpg

Lippe-Schnalle-KVK-FEK-LOBrMed-RS-web.jpg