News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Royal Victorian Medal presented by the King.

His Majesty The King has personally honoured the sailors and Royal Marines involved in the funeral of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

At Windsor Castle today, 142 men and women of all ranks and branches had the Royal Victorian Order or the Royal Victorian Medal (silver) presented to them by HM The King.

It comes after their role drawing the State Gun Carriage which carried Her late Majesty’s coffin and for their services at the state funeral of Queen Elizabeth II last September.

Read more: https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-latest-activity/news/2023/may/30/230530-honours

98661767-35E9-41EA-8BA2-01E034CE27DB.jpeg

2DCEF8D0-34EE-4370-AB45-FED614C3C51C.jpeg

CB93106A-CBEB-43A1-833F-EDC7F859F171.jpeg

2B8CB2E0-741B-41F9-BF74-0D6312EDDE5D.jpeg

Not wishing to undermine the honour bestowed upon these individuals, but I wonder whether the obviously very large stock held, of these EIIR headed medals, had any bearing upon the decision to make these awards.

A good opportunity to get rid of the stock, which presumably would otherwise be "binned".

Keep an eye on the auction sites!

Dave.

Edited by Dave Wilkinson

3 hours ago, Dave Wilkinson said:

Not wishing to undermine the honour bestowed upon these individuals, but I wonder whether the obviously very large stock held, of these EIIR headed medals, had any bearing upon the decision to make these awards.

A good opportunity to get rid of the stock, which presumably would otherwise be "binned".

Dave.

😂😂 Dave, you’re such a sceptic😂😂

But now, you’ve come to mention it……..

On 31/05/2023 at 17:54, Dave Wilkinson said:

Dave.

I like the way of thinking ..and could the the Truth

• 2 months later...

The Royal Victorian Order and medals have always been bestowed upon those involved in state funerals of Monarchs. In fact, at the funeral of Prince Philip, these were also bestowed upon those involved. The RVO is a gift from the Monarch to those they feel should be honoured.

A long time ago, when I was posted to HQ London District, my room mate, a mad chap from Belfast, was so honoured by Her late Majesty, The Queen, for impromptu linguistic services to the Royal Household. His mother is/was from Greenland and he helped in an awkward moment. Little did I know that he spoke 6 languages (and coming from Belfast, I was not sure English was one of them)...

https://www.forces.net/news/military-personnel-honoured-following-prince-philips-funeral

Edited by Martin 0024
    To add reference