News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Gents,

i was wondering what you think the reason is for the desire to buys these, let alone the price.

Is it a lack of genuine articles for sale so ‘something’ better than nothing?

or someone like me who wouldn’t know the item is dodgey and thinks the price is good?

One seller I watched in the past always used the same ‘sock’ accounts to boost the bidding, often cancelling their highest bid if they pushed it up too far.  It only took one sucker to fall for the fake to allow them to push the price up.

Of course EBay didn’t care to stop it.

cheers

tony🍻

4 hours ago, Farkas said:

who wouldn’t know the item is dodgey and thinks the price is good?

If something is described as copies (like the last examples in the topic), its hard not to know.

For most fakes, sold as real or the obvious "I dont know if its real" description, it might be the ignorance. 

4 hours ago, Farkas said:

One seller I watched in the past always used the same ‘sock’ accounts to boost the bidding, often cancelling their highest bid if they pushed it up too far.

Common strategy back then, ten years ago. But these days most bidders use sniper tool and bid in the last second so no one can outbid them. This sticks at least to the more searched after genuin stuff, from what I observed in the last years. Guess it also sticks to the fakes.

48 minutes ago, Bernd_W said:

If something is described as copies (like the last examples in the topic), its hard not to know.

For most fakes, sold as real or the obvious "I dont know if its real" description, it might be the ignorance. 

Common strategy back then, ten years ago. But these days most bidders use sniper tool and bid in the last second so no one can outbid them. This sticks at least to the more searched after genuin stuff, from what I observed in the last years. Guess it also sticks to the fakes.

Yes, hard to miss copy in the description.

A legit old tailors copy of a VC makes sense, it’s that or nothing but i guess not these above.

Mainly my thing is Austro Hungarian, I don’t know enough to buy pricier awards. So I’ve lots of AH awards but 95% are basic ones, like my KTK’s 👇

38EF1CCF-FDC9-4C78-AEA8-923877D87F5A.thumb.jpeg.29d1dc1fe3466cffd9a47bb520574d28.jpeg

My only medal worth over £200 was a private deal and I asked learned Gents to check it out first.

I can often see that an item is bad but I still cannot confidently say an item is good, 

tony 🍻

Sorry to babble on but last thing..,

2 hours ago, Bernd_W said:

most bidders use sniper tool

If bid is 40 and I’m bidding 100, I put lots of extra bids in, eg 50,62,70, 81 92 then 100…

I don’t know if it really works but I heard it triggers the sniper bids so why not 🤷‍♂️

28 minutes ago, Farkas said:

If bid is 40 and I’m bidding 100, I put lots of extra bids in, eg 50,62,70, 81 92 then 100…

I don’t know if it really works but I heard it triggers the sniper bids so why not

IMO this dos not work, eBay uses you last bid. 

If bid is 40 and you bid 100 or a couple bids up till 100, the bid will be 41 and in the last second someone might come and get it for 101.

Sniper tools are used for preventing the ping-pong you play at real hall auctions. If you get outbid and still have time (and money) you might bid again in the name of honor, even if you dont wanted to go that high. It can also be a matter of, in how much cases before you got outbid. All this kind of human behavior is prevented when the sniper tool bids in the last second. This kind of human behavior is quiet common imo, therefore hall auctions have no fixed end time.

Edited by Bernd_W

34 minutes ago, Bernd_W said:

IMO this dos not work, eBay uses you last bid. 

If bid is 40 and you bid 100 or a couple bids up till 100, the bid will be 41 and in the last second someone might come and get it for 101.

Sniper tools are used for preventing the ping-pong you play at real hall auctions. If you get outbid and still have time (and money) you might bid again in the name of honor, even if you dont wanted to go that high. It can also be a matter of, in how much cases before you got outbid. All this kind of human behavior is prevented when the sniper tool bids in the last second. This kind of human behavior is quiet common imo, therefore hall auctions have no fixed end time.

I thought the sniper tool was a cheat 🫤 

You are surely right, if it’s legit then I’m sure my defence tactic makes no difference, after all EBay wants the maximum price 👍

Yes, its possible to bid in the last 10 seconds w/o a sniper tool but you have to be present. But in last <5 second its almost impossible w/o a sniper tool. 

Sniper tools were forbidden for a long time by eBay, but they didnt care. Checked German eBay TOS and it seem its not mentioned anymore. Sure, eBay wants the maximum price, but IMO sniper tools are preventing this in some cases. But for German eBay non commercial sales are w/o a fee now, so eBay dont have a benefit form the maximum price, and a lot of commercial sold stuff is sold via instant buy.

On 08/03/2024 at 11:50, VtwinVince said:

I reiterate my opinion on this thing: fantasy piece.

When you see the sellers I tend to agree. 

This one always drives me crazy, an original one is even rarer than an air gunner badge. Baldes shows an example in his book. This is at least the third, if not the fourth one this person has sold. Case is a fake Juncker case

IMG_1920.png

IMG_1921.png