News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

@lew, the seller of the Saxon Merit Order RK2mS has either relisted the cross, or has a second one listed. Either way, makes me a little suspicious. Exact same images as the last time it sold. I am unaware of this order having been faked like the Albert Order, but I suppose that’s possible or inevitable.

58 minutes ago, Stogieman said:

@lew, the seller of the Saxon Merit Order RK2mS has either relisted the cross, or has a second one listed. Either way, makes me a little suspicious. Exact same images as the last time it sold. I am unaware of this order having been faked like the Albert Order, but I suppose that’s possible or inevitable.

It wasn't sold I could see, and now relisted with lowered price still overpriced IMO.

The cross is fine and in pretty good condition, typical Scharffenberg piece. 

image.png.889c1b37884cbdd9abfcc0a80fcbf6b0.png

image.png.d5b36908f622013d75812a9482b99258.png

@lew, Good Morning, I agree that the cross looks like typical Scharffenburg. This was one of my first loves when I started down the Imperial Path so long ago. I still remember the first purchase. A medal bar with EK2, Merit Order2, Albert2 and Honor Cross. Came with all documents from US eBay for a mere $275. Not even sure how it caught my eye but I remember seeing it, thinking gee, that’s neat and opening the package. When I had it in my hands, I was hooked. The enamel work of the Merit Order was a favorite. Once upon a time I actually had a Merit Order RK1, first type, in a beautiful green case. Gold embossed trim and a little hook to close the case. Ralph Abercrombie bugged me for years to give it up to him and I eventually traded it to him. I wonder what ever became of it after he passed. Only cased example I ever saw.