News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Medal for the Restoration of the Black Metallurgical Enterprises

Guest Rick Research

I wish you had a scanner (an Epson scanner) for nice clear close flat pictures! :(

I don't have ANY of the economic development medals 1940s-1980s at all! :speechless1:

They are quite attractive, and rarely turn up with the award booklets :beer: possibly because most of the recipients didn't have many or any other awards-- I've certainly never seen a large documented GROUP.

Rick,

I do have a scanner but I have not worked out how to put them on forum. :speechless: (Its also covered in Misc Soviet Medals docs at the moment.)

I was quiet lucky with mine it came with that document and also a blank one, its the only medal for the restoration and devolpment that I own a document for.

Order of Victory

• 1 year later...
    Guest Rick Research

Nikolai Vladimirovich Kabin got his on 10 March 1950, issued by Zaporozhe Oblast Council of Labor Deputies.

• 3 years later...

Here are the two restoration medals I have. I read russian with difficulties, but I think the awardee in the booklet is a lady (Ekaterina Andreevna?)

Hi RocketScientist,

Beautiful medals, and a nice scan too! :cheers:

The name is "Ekaterina Andreevna Chumak" I think, and the medal was awarded on 6.3.51. The black handwriting below the date is her title, "____. City Council" (not sure what the abbreviation stands for). And The blue ink on the bottom should be her signature.

Lovely set :jumping:

Cheers,

Alex

And The blue ink on the bottom should be her signature.

Thank you for the information, pity that it is not possible to understand in what city mrs. Chumak got the medal.

Concerning the signature, I always thought that all the signatures in these types of booklets were from the authority assigning the award rather than the recipient.

cheers

sergio