News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guessing time!

Bob

My guess:

To quote Lord Carnavon as he first peeped into King Tut's tomb: "Things, wonderful things".

What do I win?

Prize in this instance is simply the boxes opening - what a pretty sight! :love:

I in fact prefer the Polar Star... the box is much "heavier" than I expected plus the design is more intricate and, in this case, having a booklet along with it is nice as well.

Close up of the awardee also included.

First of all, just to be clear, it's not a group (wish it was!).

Anyway, the polar star is number 2502. My Uighur is a bit rusty so can't decipher a specific date. Can read 1941 at the end of the booklet... but that's no surprise.

The Soyombo is number 420 (well documented on this site already). Found its way back to western europe again.

Awaiting obtaining 2 other Soyombo's. A number 373 (first type) and another one documented from the original recipient along with several other orders (but keeping my fingers severely crossed on that last one coming through!). Hopefully more news in a couple of weeks time.

Here for comparison type 1 (Soviet production, 3 rivets, darker red enamel - this one new high: nr 373) and type 2 (only one sighted? nr 420).