News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here's something I brought back this trip that interests me.

The cover of the folder says "Civil War Participant" under the gerb, and in larger letters, "Red Partisan".

The second image is of the first pages and the third image is of the last page, those being the only two pages with entries. All the pages are present and the folder is pretty tight, if rather faded and worn.

As for the red X on the first page, a friend thinks that it means the individual was executed. Indeed, this man is said to have been shot in 1937 or 1938 but whether that relates to the red X, who knows? Well, my friend thinks he does, I guess, but there is no corroborating information or evidence. This is the only record of this individual that I have and it is quite likely the only record of him in existence.

:jumping: AWESOME !!! :jumping: Chuck you have the goods... :love::love::love:

:beer: Doc

Well, I don't know about that, Doc, but I really do think that this is a good one. Talk about some real history ... and tragedy. I wonder what he saw in his day and I wonder what he was thinking at the end. Those thoughts occur to me a lot.

Glad you guys like it as much as I do. I'm still unwrapping things I brought back, but none of the other documents are this good. This is my premier paper item of the trip.

Chuck

Powerful and evocative history, this. When you have time, could we get a close up on the photo and on the text. Maybe some sort of translation can emerge so at least his image and name can be recaptured.

Guest Rick Research

Yup, you really need an Epson scanner to do justice to these. A camera just doesn't get the focus, especially at the distance involved. I can't read the text on any of these. :(

Powerful and evocative history, this. When you have time, could we get a close up on the photo and on the text. Maybe some sort of translation can emerge so at least his image and name can be recaptured.

Who could refuse a request like that?

Here you are. Enjoy.

Yup, you really need an Epson scanner to do justice to these. A camera just doesn't get the focus, especially at the distance involved. I can't read the text on any of these. :(

Hi Rick,

I really do think I'm going to get in touch with the powers that be at Epson when I'm ready to buy one and seriously suggest they put you on the payroll in sales. :P Lord only knows how many of their printers you've sold over time. :beer:

I for one can't wait to get mine. I just hope it's as idiot proof as you say because I sure need that feature above all. :speechless::P

But totally agree that it would be great to see up close and personal images of this beauty :love: . And cannot wait to hear all the extra history on it I'm sure ya'll will dig up before the dust settles. :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Who could refuse a request like that?

Here you are. Enjoy.

Hi all,

I think I see a hint of Donald Pleasence in this guy's face. Great pics! Hope some more info comes to light.

Will be on the edge of my seat. :D

Dan :cheers: