News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Finally a parade mount Widows cross!

Hello Gents,

this little gem arrived today!

Lovely parade mounted Widows Hindenburg Cross

The cross is marked .. O.10.

Been searching a while for this one!

They usually come in a Ladies Bow type of mount with a small safety pin..

Enjoy!

Edited by notned

[On a related note: Canada has just awarded the "Cross of Service" (aka "Mother's Cross") to the HUSBAND of the first female Cdn soldier killed in combat sine WWI. She was an artillery captain, killed by an RPG in Afghanistan last week.

R.I.P. Captain Nicola Goddard

Peter

Thanks Bob! i just wanted to complete the set...

Nice bars Jens!

Ed, thats also a nice wee bar too! i wonder how the assembler deigned to make the Widows/Fathers cross's ribbon more prominent??? i would have thought that precedence would dictate the overlap sequence...

Not that this is the first bar i have seen like this...I have even corrected one i have...because it looked way out of shape...( and it was easily done, with no damage in the process)

I some cases i have seen this 'out of order ribbon overlapping in the case of a Hindenberg cross being added to the bar...most probably at the expense of a Kyffhauserbund medal...on one example it was plainly obvious as the metal bar attachment was of a completely different metal colour than the other 2 on the bar..

Peter, thanks for the info

My respects to Captain Goddards family, may she rest in peace.

Regards

Paul