News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

You Make the Call II - Full Cavalier Set

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Darrell

Why would the picture of the reverse sides of the medals still have the 1st Class with the attachment ribbon flipped over? Something to hide?

Edited by Darrell

Guest Alanirvine

Doubt that there is much to hide on the reverse of a suspension.

However, the diameter of the silver attaching ring looks large and possibly thin too.

Alan

Guest Alanirvine

Yes they are!

Andrew (MONDVOR), does the order book look correct? I mean, the ink and the writing style look fresh and all the same?

Alan

I saw the same thing. All his previous orders were added to the new booklet issued for the Slava 1st in 1968, instead of the Slava 1st being added to his original order booklet. That can happen of course if the old one is tattered or lost, but it makes it a little harder IMO to accept the group as authentic.

Matt.

Yes they are!

Andrew (MONDVOR), does the order book look correct? I mean, the ink and the writing style look fresh and all the same?

Alan

I had look in the cavalier book and he is mentioned, my Russian is not good but the date 07/06/1968 is mentioned, the photo though is different to the pic in the book..............may be the pic was added later buy a unscropulous seller?

Personaly I think this set ok........if only I had the money.........

Order of Victory

Edited by order_of_victory

So what's the deal here... ??? Not one person can step up to the plate and make a definitive statement as to authenticity?

To all:

Having focused exclusively on Full Cavalier sets going back some 15 years, my judgment remains as expressed in Post 1 above. While some components of this "set" may be original, it does not bear the hallmarks of a genuine group. Several of the reasons for this are discussed in the above posts. Personally, I would advise forum members to steer clear.

Even NavyFCO's/Dave's two consecutively numbered Full Cavalier groups (exhaustively discussed in another forum thread) would be a better expenditure of your money.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Even NavyFCO's/Dave's two consecutively numbered Full Cavalier groups (exhaustively discussed in another forum thread) would be a better expenditure of your money.

That is, if they weren't sold already. :cool::beer:

Dave

Yes they are!

Alan

I'm sorry for late answer. I was in Kiev for two weeks and came back only three days ago. About Rulev's orderbook. You can see that it was filled out in 1968, so this is a duplicate book. That's why the ink looks fresh. But there also was an old (original) oredbook in this group. Take a look.

So this new duplicate book was given to Rulev when his second Glory 3rd class was replaced for the 1st class order. Also I have images of his personal record card. If anybody interested I can post them on the forum.

• 2 weeks later...