News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 74
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely, I need find a decent OGPW 2nd Class now my Type 1 turned out to be fake :angry:

Order of Victory

Yes, that was indeed a shame. Especially, as you gave away the good one not long ago. But at least, you can say, you owned a real Type 1. I can only say, i have handled one or two :blush:

Well, thats probably true and i am quite sure, i?ll never have one, but i love the Type 2 OPW?s too, especially, if they have interesting details like this. I was trying around with my camera and a loupe and made this shot. I think, Andrei will find this interesting. Its the one upper left on the intitial photo, Nr. 514.183

Very interesting mintmark, thanks Gerd. One letter is missing. Most likely the die got worn-off. Actually there are lots of funny cases with those mintmarks. If you interested I can post some awkward variations of GPW mintmarks, for example upside-down rotation or mirror-reflected position.

About the suspension GPWs I can say that I remember old good times when they cost almost nothing. I bought my one together with the orderbook for only 90 USD. It was in Kiev in 2001 and the order was in very good condition. I would like to have a time-machime :D

Guest Rick Research

Time travel DOES work

but so far only in ONE direction! :(

As recently as 5 years ago, smart, sophisticated collectors were LAUGHING about Soviet "junk" that "nobody will ever collect or want."

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. :beer:

• 4 months later...

I agree. Great shots, OoV. :beer: Finally we can take a closer (and clear) look on your orders ;)

Thanks guys :cheers: glad you like them, I now have a 10x optical zoom and I am not affraid to use it :jumping:

Heres a real close up I did of a saving a drowning person for the fake forum :unsure:

Order of Victory

Edited by order_of_victory