News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd cl., Type 1

Do you intend to replace the ribbon or leave as is? Very nice piece and yet another type I often wonder if I'll ever be lucky enough to own.

Very nice! :love::jumping:

Again thanks for sharing! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Here's a scan of the same OGPW2

Hi Dave,

As always WOW! You've had some of the greatest pieces and groups! :beer: If it had been me I'd have been broke all the time as I'd never want to let any of it go. Just fabulous!!!! :love::love::jumping::jumping:

Thanks for sharing! :cheers:

Dan

As always WOW! You've had some of the greatest pieces and groups!

Sadly, the sale of this group (for a whopping $1200) ended quite bitterly. I sold it on eBay to a collector in New York, using very clear scans (I can post them here if anyone is interested, but the one of the OGPW2 was part of those scans). The guy got the group and screamed about the broken enamel on the OGPW2, which I didn't state in my description (I figured it was obvious enough!) The buyer threatened to post negative feedback and smear me on a couple forums for being a dishonest seller unless I refunded him 10% of the purchase price. After going back and forth with him several times, he ended up getting group for $1080. :angry: Oh yeah... I sold that group three years ago... now imagine what it's worth!

Dave

By the way, the owner of this group was in a rather famous photo that probably most of you have seen. Here it is, with him highlighted on the right. He was "head of security" for the Conference, and was nominated for the Nakhimov 2nd Class for this. Instead, he received his OGPW1 (talk about a pricey downgrade!)

Edited by NavyFCO

By the way, here's a photo of the entire group...

Okay... just fell out of my chair! WOW! :o All I can say is, whoever that buyer was he was a cheap moron who obviously was half blind not being able to see enamel damage on a pic! I'm soooooo sorry the deal went like that. Don't even want to try and imagine what it would run today. Hope he sold it soon after so he couldn't benefit from it's sale now. Sounds like a real cretin.

Well, there are always bigger and better things to come. I've had similar things happen in my dealings over the years... but God always provides. There has always been another great find that more than makes up for whatever was lost. I pray it's the same for you and the rest of our membership. There's nothing like finding a super rare, very desireable piece or group with tons of history for 100th of what it's worth... definitely takes the sting out of other deals that didn't work out quite that well.

Thanks for posting... a superb grouping that I can only "dream" of owning some day. For now I'm happy with individual pieces and smaller groups with research and such. But hey, I'll keep at it and one day... who knows.

In the meantime I'm very grateful to have the ability to see the groups and individual pieces you and others have been kind enough to post over time. It has been an absolute education.

Thanks Dave! A very enjoyable way to spend a day... with friends discussing the things we love. That's priceless! :cheers:

Dan

By the way, the owner of this group was in a rather famous photo that probably most of you have seen. Here it is, with him highlighted on the right. He was "head of security" for the Conference, and was nominated for the Nakhimov 2nd Class for this. Instead, he received his OGPW1 (talk about a pricey downgrade!)

DOUBLE WOW! :o:o:o:o Just fell out of my chair again! I have to remember to attach a seatbelt to my chair when I read posts on here. Outstanding!!!! :jumping::jumping:

History coming alive!

Thanks Dave! :cheers:

Dan

Sadly, the sale of this group (for a whopping $1200) ended quite bitterly. I sold it on eBay to a collector in New York, using very clear scans (I can post them here if anyone is interested, but the one of the OGPW2 was part of those scans). The guy got the group and screamed about the broken enamel on the OGPW2, which I didn't state in my description (I figured it was obvious enough!) The buyer threatened to post negative feedback and smear me on a couple forums for being a dishonest seller unless I refunded him 10% of the purchase price. After going back and forth with him several times, he ended up getting group for $1080. :angry: Oh yeah... I sold that group three years ago... now imagine what it's worth!

Dave

Hi Dave,

It would be great if you can post clear scans of Miroshnichenko's group that you mentioned above. The guy who was upset about enamel is really strange. He refused to buy historical group :speechless:

BTW, as far as I understand from the picture in the orderbook, at 1940 he was serving in Naval Air Force (probably Baltic or Black Sea Fleet Aviation). Is that true?

Hi Dave,

It would be great if you can post clear scans of Miroshnichenko's group that you mentioned above. The guy who was upset about enamel is really strange. He refused to buy historical group :speechless:

BTW, as far as I understand from the picture in the orderbook, at 1940 he was serving in Naval Air Force (probably Baltic or Black Sea Fleet Aviation). Is that true?

Sure thing! I'll post the scans up here in a little bit.

Yes, he was with the Black Sea Fleet Aviation as a (as I remember) Regimental Commissar. Thus the reason he ended up as "head of security" at the Conference - one of those great "multi-taskable" Commissars!

Dave

Order book. The photo has him almost looking young... A few years of War and then you can see the sunken eyes, the receeding hairline, etc., that were evident in the photo with the Big Three.