News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A mixture of non Combattant awards :-) Don't Hassle the Hoff!

Guest Rick Research

I posted his entries from the 1914 and 1918 Prussian Hof- und Staats Handbücher in your separate Silesian Eagle thread, having found that first.

INCREDIBLE GROUP... WEIRD CAREER...BiZARRE ENDING to the story!!!!!!!!

Things I have never seen before:

1) the universal format "dog license" EK2w Urkunde--exactly like that found for the Krieghilfsdienstkreu normally

2) BRUNSWICK permission to wear Prussian KHDK... to a guy in Posen, in PRUSSIAN civil service, and at Uni Königsberg????

3) Those :speechless1: uniforms (worth posting that over in 3rd Reich uniforms section)

4) the tragic ending at age 62. perhaps explainable by his "80 year old" photo that must have been circa 1934/35.

I've never seen a better WW1 noncombatant group, you lucky devil, you.

BTW, I too am legally available for adoption. :catjava:

Edited by Rick Research

Hello Chris:

Thank you for showing this group. A very tragic ending indeed. The death certificate lists the requirement for elaboration on the reverse of the certificate when the cause of death is as given. I wonder what is recorded there.

Bernhard H. Holst

Hi,

there was nothing written on the flip side unfortunately.

That is a super grouping Chris! I have never before seen a NC EK2 document before. The WW2 era photo is interesting. IT does not look like any LS insignia configuration I have seen before. I will have to break out the Littlejohn book tonight. It reminds me of a prison service tunic. You did really well. Thanks for sharing.

Quite extraordinary grouping regarding his awards and his death! I really wonder, why he shot himself?

It would be interesting to know how he supported the Selbstschutz Schlesien to be awarded the Schlesischen Adler!

Guest Rick Research

Got to do it--otherwsie it's like tearing pages out of a book! :beer:

Though of course you could have just saved the images of such excitin' stuff as receipt for RM 10.40 to the WHW! :cheeky::catjava: (Anybody actually COMPETING bids for stuff like THAT? :speechless1: "Because"... it has a swastika? :banger:

• 1 year later...