News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Shockworker Badges

Bob

• Replies 111
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

A really interesting badge, and one about which we need to know much more. It screams "early".

Here's what I have:

First class ? Type 1.1 (all gilt) - Low = ??, High = ??

First class ? Type 1.2 (hammer only gilt, cog-wheel silver) (B# A 61.1) - Low = ??, High = 4665

Second class (silver) (B# A 61.2) - Low = 1964, High = 4631

Third class (bronze) (B# A 61.3) - Low = 303, High = ??

Correct and expand, please.

The only one I have so far is a second class (#1964), shown with its screw-nut from those friendly northern artists.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Apparantly, there are 2 variations:

- the whole of the obverse is goldplated

- only the hammer, scroll BNMAU and flag are goldplated

Here's mine

Indeed, there are two variations of this goldplated gold grade.

Here is mine, entirely goldplated, S/N 3003.

Dolf

Nice, thanks.

What are the screwplates on these various badges? Are there patterns. (Assuming, of course, that no one has played mix-and-match with the screwplates?!)

Ed,

Despite not being 100% sure, I suppose all Types and Variations have the same screwplate, which is the one shown on pic A 61.1-R, on page 72 of Dr. Battushig's book.

At least all mine have the same screwnut!

Dolf

Interesting, my 2nd class has a Moscow artists coop one (see above), but I guess any of these could be replacements?

Ed,

I have one of these screwplates, but for one of my Khalkhin Gol Badges, the flat reverse Type. The mirror reverse Type of my Kalkhin Gol Badge has a different screwplate.

As all my Udarnik Badges (the entirely goldplated, the partially goldplated, the silver grade and the bronze grade) have the same kind of screwplate (as the one shown on the reference book mentioned above, as on my pic above) I believe mine are the right ones for this Udarnik Badge!

Replacement screwnuts are very, but really very usual on Mongolian awards, as we know :(

Just my two cents,

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

The ones I have, gold and silver, all have the Monetnyi Dvor screwnut as shown in post 1

Jan

Jan,

Like this one I'm posting, right?

All mine are also of this type.

Cheers,

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

A working scanner makes things a lot easier... no more 1MB digital photpgraphs:)

On the right: Gold (not full) - 1000

On the left: Silver - 1.370

Note, slightly different color of screw.

I thought what better way for a new member to say hi than to make a contribution.

So here goes:

This is our (My brother and I collect....collectively) first class Udarnik badge type 1.2 and a rather interesting document.

This document contains a record of the workers productivity over the years '48 to '51,

and by the looks of things he worked his @#$ off!

I've been trying to translate the various texts but I've only had limited success.

Edited by fjcp

The cover is very hard to read so I've added the whole text, including an as of yet unidentified quote by Stalin.

"техникииг эзэмшсэн шинэ хучин бугдинг шиидвэрдэнэ"

(СТAЛИН)

YДAPHИKИИH YHЭMЛЭX