News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Grips of DEATH ! German Machine Guns...

Just kidding folks.... I would have to bash his head in with the entrenching tool... all weapons on this thread can no longer fire.... they are legally altered according to german law, which are alterations that are (thank god) hidden, not like the US destructive way of cutting up the reciever.

Up until 1917 the maker and year were on the Fusee cover, then they started stamping them on the top cover. This Spandau Fusee cover never had the full date on it (19..) so I assume it had landed in Waffenmeister box and was used to replace the one the gun got in the factory (due to damage I suppose)....

Chris,

Great pictures. A great restoration as well :beer: Good job.

Mf wife objected when I tried to briing home a M1 Gerand. I can't

even imagion what she would say if I brought home a MG. :o

I can't complain too much--I do get away with hanging my daggers

and swords on the bedroom wall.

Thanks for sharing your MG with us.

Greg

Chris,

That is a beauty!! :jumping::jumping: Wow. I just love the early ones, I would love to get a shot at one of those someday. Even if it was just a demill. Think of where it has been :love: and what it has done :( . My gun was made in mid 1918 and it has the D barrel in it. Each gun was issued with 4 barrels stamped with the serial number and an added A,B,C or D. Each barrel was good for over 10,000 rounds. So even my late gun has fired over 30,000 rounds in anger(and worn out three barrels) during it's short service life in WW1. I would hate to think of the hundreds of thousands of rounds that have passed through that one. I am glad to see the original finish on it has not been messed with, a weapon like this should show its heavy use. The sled is early as well (maybe 1915 or earlier), the brass plate on yours is zinc on my 1917 dated one. Did the water jacket come painted that color? :unsure: Never mind that, you really got a great piece. I am green with envy. :cheeky:

Dan