News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Ran,

The Honour Rolls of the "Cross/Ehrenkreuz Saxe Meiningen" were discussed on this very forum :

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13882

You can view a picture of it in the beginning of the thread being mounted together with an Iron Cross 2nd class 1914.

Ciao,

Claudio

Sweet, an example without swords.

What is 'Cross Saxe Meiningen' ( the third ribbon in Claudio's ribbon bar ) ? can someone post an image of that medal or a link ?

Also, if possible I'd really love to see a picture of the grand cross of the order of the White Falcon.

Thanks and best regards,

Ran

• Replies 91
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wild Card please explain what it is ? is it knight 2nd class ( looks like it ) but the "thing" that hold the crown

is differnet. Is it a miniature or something ? Thanks,

Ran

Hi Ran,

Yes, as medalnet pointed out (miniature = ?little guy?), this is a miniature of the knight 2nd class with swords. I apologize for not making that point clearer when I posted it.

If you would like to see some nice examples of this order, take a look at the recent Thies auctions which feature the collections of the late George Seymour and Eric Ludvigsen.

www.andreas-thies.de/katalog.html

Auction #25 - lots 267 - 276

Auction #26 - lots 221 - 225

Auction #28 - lots 149 - 151 & 379 - 383

Auction #30 - lots 169 - 176

Auction #31 - lots 93 - 95

Enjoy,

Wild Card :beer:

Edited by Wild Card

Hi again Wild Card,

Thanks for the info.

First time I see this site. Annoying for me that it's in German or something. Some numbers which I asume are prices

in Euros seemed kinda low, so I guess it's an auction ? or a final price ?

If possible I'd like to know other places where nice imperial medals can be bought ( I know about http://emedals.ca/index.asp

and Detlev but it's hard to buy from him since people grab everything very fast ).

Rest of the sites I know are mostly for 3rd Reich.

Best regards,

Ran

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: That may well be the only one most of us are ever going to see. :jumping:

You are going to be a VERY happy camper when the roll gets published. :rolleyes:

:Cat-Scratch: That may well be the only one most of us are ever going to see. :jumping:

You are going to be a VERY happy camper when the roll gets published. :rolleyes:

Rick, thanks for all your work on this project. I have the O'Connor book and he showed between 150 and 160 of the Silver Merit Cross with swords. This one I have was at a gun show and the seller didn't know what it was so I jumped on it. I wish I could find one in gold with swords to make the pair. Probably too greedy, huh?

Hi again Wild Card,

Thanks for the info.

First time I see this site. Annoying for me that it's in German or something. Some numbers which I asume are prices

in Euros seemed kinda low, so I guess it's an auction ? or a final price ? ...

Best regards,

Ran

Hi Ran,

The prices which you see here are estimates. The prices realized are listed under the section ?Aktuelles?. To this amount, you must add a 23% commission.

For some reason, I can not get the results for auction #25, so let?s take an example from auction #26. Item #221 is a White Falcon Order commander?s star with an estimate of 1,300 euro. The Aktuelles list shows that this star sold for 1,800 euro plus the 23% for a total of 2,214 euro.

Yes, it is in German; but after all, we are dealing with German decorations being handled by a German auction house. Perhaps someday we will see this material offered with a second language format; but I suspect that, the way things are going, the second language will be Russian. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Wild Card

Thanks again for the explanation :beer:

If you know any other nice online shops or auction houses that do "speak" English I'd love to

know about them ( ones that are selling German imperial orders of course ).

Also I'd really love to get some info about the honor cross which was posted here, it's the first

time I see it.

Best regards,

Ran

Believe it or not, after looking through all my computer files I have to admit, that I lost the picture of the White Falcon Knight 1st class with swords. We will therefore have only the reverse as seen before:

post-558-1167741798.jpg

and the side :rolleyes: as stupid as this is:

Hi,

-Still looking for info about the honor cross ( and if possible images ).

What was it given for and how many times ?

-What's the difference between the gold merit cross, silver merit cross,

honor cross and Wilhelm Ernst War Cross ?

- Famous poeple who were decorated with this order ( info/images ).

- And as usual if you have more info/images/links... about this order

please share.

Best regards,

Ran

Edited by Ran