News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungarian Kivalo Dolgozol Badges

Hi all:

I hope y'all have not tired of seeing these badges - I just got a 1953 Sztahanovista set in the mail yesterday and can honestly say it's one of the neatest decorations I have bought in a while. It's numbered "15" on the reverse and I think the document matches the number (I'll need someone who knows Hungarian to confirm that, though).

I'll let the scans do the talking...

Here's the badge and the case (showing the faux reptile skin cover and black bottom):

Ulsterman,

Good eyes! This guy must have been the workaholic of all time. Interesting that he engraved this one as well. These are indeed very impressive document holders. With the raised award on the surface and then the complex document itself they are a work of art. No doubt Charles will use his knowledge of Hungarian to answer the questions asked.

Regards,

Gordon

The document is indeed #15 (szam) and also II Jelveny - refers to the 'second' award. As mine from the same woman (not a man here!) and is dated 1952 - this is her second award. What a working gal! - reunion of some sort should happen here....

Edited by hunyadi

Whoever she was - she did not sit down on the job - perhaps I might find her in one of the Hungarian lexicons the next time I am at the library. I would say with two of these she set herself up for the potential of greater things. For more information on the documents of the "Sztah" - they mostly deal with the awarding, wearing, and regulations (last page mentions loosing it for "un-Hungarian" activity - such as takling to capitalist frogmen while inderwater after falling into the Duna (only Decker will probably get that one) "Its a little yellow....its a little bitter.....ah....but its Hungarian!"

The next time I have some time - I will hash out the transaltion of the pages.

takling to capitalist frogmen while inderwater after falling into the Duna (only Decker will probably get that one) "Its a little yellow....its a little bitter.....ah....but its Hungarian!"

:D

Edited by decker

Gents,

Time for me to add some pictures here instead of just text. Here are some case badges that I picked up during the week.

First a cased set for Light Industry. More to follow after that. Sorry for the blurry images. My digital camera usually takes clearer pictures than my wife's and I usually use it but today my A drive died and my camera uses floppy disks so I had to use my wife's

Cheers,

Gordon

And the last thing I bought at the City Park Flea Market this morning. A cased MAGYAR ELMUNKAS dated 1948. It came in a very nice high quality wooden case. Instead of a metal hinge the case has a piece of linen cloth to hold the lid to the base. The case is very will made with mortice and tenon joints at the corners and varnished top and bottom.

Ulsterman,

Chip has translated the banner in an earleir post as "Ace Hungarian Worker". My dictionary indicates that ELMUNKAS is related to electrical workers but Chip is away ahead of me in the Hungarian department. I forgot to mention in my earlier post on this badge that it is numbered on the back as # 4453 and has the mark of the State Mint on it as well. The Red Cross badge is interesting because it didn't come with a miniature.

Regards,

Gordon

So I guess I didnt find everything at the market - you made out like a bandit - I have been trying to get an example of the Red Cross one and anther 1948-49 Ace Worker! Your eyes were better than mine! Nice haul Gordon!

Charles,

You didn't miss the two awards. The chap that sold them to me was just unpacking as I walked up to his table. He was in the first row on the right, just over halfway down the row. The only bandit was the guy selling the awards and his price! However, I didn't want to pass these up as I had never seen them for sale previously.

Cheers,

Gordon