News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mongolian Ribbon Bars

Guest Rick Research

• Replies 145
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

Hi Christer I am glad you have found us! :beer:

And now I know why there are no terrific D profile Mongolian ribbon bars out there---

YOU have found all of them!!!!!! :(:P

I wonder what the two wide foreign ones are in that bottom row, too. I could not find any Czech or Yugoslav matches.

Hi Christer,

Welcome aboard. Small World... :P

Nice to see your ribbon bars here, now I'll have to post mine too :D

Rick,

Christer still left a few for me I guess ;) And there are still a few more out there that show up from time to time.

Cheers :beer:

Dolf

Ok, the two bigger ribbon bars I have.

One with 18 ribbons, among them for the Order of Combat Valor, 3 Order of Polar Star, Order of Red Banner of Combat Valor, then a lot of Medals, including two Soviet ones, for the Medal Victory over Japan and Victory over Germany.

Dolf

And another with 14 ribbons, including one for the Order of Sukhebaatar, Order of Combat Valor, 2 Order of Polar Star, and again quite a few Medals, among them one Soviet, for the Medal Victory over Japan.

Dolf

Guest Rick Research

My ENTIRE Mongolian ribbon bars collection all in one reply! :P

My only D profile painted one is in rather eccentric precedence, but this must be "right way up" because of the way the pin catch is:

[attachmentid=30722]

[attachmentid=30723]

These TINY individual ones are SO small I would have trouble fastening them. The construction on these with tabs for attaching the ribbon to a backplate and microscopic little pins, is a style I have first on WW2 Slovak ribbons:

[attachmentid=30725]

Being an obvious Mongolian newbie, I would guess that these individual cloth ribbons are the sort that might have come along in a presentation box with each award, as issued?

A point to consider...... among all of these Mongolian Ribbon Bar Groups there is not a single Halhingol for 1939!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmmmmmm!

(I wish I could claim credit for this observation, but it was the Evil One who noticed!!)

A point to consider...... among all of these Mongolian Ribbon Bar Groups there is not a single Halhingol for 1939!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmmmmmm!

(I wish I could claim for this observation, but it was the Evil One who noticed!!)

Rick,

Ribbons for the Khalkhin Gol Medal are very hard to find!

Maybe they are not seen on these ribbon bars because these ribbons for the Khalkhin Gol Medal only exist since 1966 (when the Badge became a Medal) and maybe these ribbon bars are older than that! I don't know, just a guess!

Dolf

Is there an official Mongolian order of wearing for these ribbons? (Clearly, for medals, there wasn't much of one, as they seemed to just be scattered all over.) There's an archival research challenge if ever there was one!

I ask in part out of general curiosity and in part due to the two ribbon bars that follow.

Another "Plastic D". Weird? Surely. Wonderful? I leave that for you to decide.

1- Honorary Medal of Combat (representing the first, enameled ribbon?); ???; ???

2- Medal 25 Years of MPR (representing the first, enameled ribbon?); 40 Years of the MPR (???); 50 Years of the MPR

3- 60 Years of the MPR; 30th Anniversary of Victory Over Japan; ???

4- 80 Years of MPR (???); Soviet Victory over Japan; Brotherhood in Arms (???)

Identifications are very tentative and I'd appreciate others' "reading" of this bar.

And if you thought that one was kinky, hold on . . . .

Also "Plastic D" but it looks like it was done by someone with an over-active paint set and equally inspired imagination. Were it not so "salty" and bizarre, I'd wonder.

1- Honorary Medal of Combat (representing the first, enameled ribbon?); 30th Anniversary of Khalkin Gol; 40th Anniversary of Khalkin Gol

2- 60th Anniversary of MPR; ???; 30th Anniversary of Victory over Japan

3- 40 Years of MPR (???); 60 Years of Armed Forces of MPR (???); a very inventively rendered 50 Years of Khalkin Gol (?!?!)

4- 50 Years of MPR (???); 60 Years of MPR; 70 Years of MPR

5- Brotherhood in Arms (???)

I need all the help I can get with "reading" this one! :banger:

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Normally, the order should be the one mentionned in the order booklets, that is to say:

1 Sukhbaatar

2 Order of the Red Combat Banner

3 Order of the Red Banner of Labour

4 Combat Service Order

5 Order of the Polar Star

6 Combat Service Medal

7 Honorary Labour Medal

Normally, the order should be the one mentionned in the order booklets, that is to say:

1 Sukhbaatar

2 Order of the Red Combat Banner

3 Order of the Red Banner of Labour

4 Combat Service Order

5 Order of the Polar Star

6 Combat Service Medal

7 Honorary Labour Medal

Yes, but beyond that? And I am wary of using the word "normal" to refer to Mongolian actual practices. :P

Hi all !

Ed ! I just Love your second ribbon bar !! :cheeky: That is what I call "do-it-yourself"

And I thought it was weird in the old Weimar republic days......

:beer:

After a loong look I found another Chalkin Ghol ribbon bar, they really seem to be

hard to find ? Here is one with two Polar Star and some medals.

Best wishes from snow covered Sweden

Christer

• 3 months later...