News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bringing History to life...

Alex K

• 2 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Paul Von Hindenburg and chair

hindychair copy.JPG

A not often seen photo of Hitler and his kepi. I understand he hated this particular photo so much as he felt it made him look stupid so he had it banned. I leave it to viewers to decide if his fears were justified!

regards Alex K

adolf n cap.JPG

This was my first attempt, luckily they're not high ranking officials or German which heavily reduces the chance of them wearing shiny objects. I wasn't happy with some of the colours and don't know what possessed the lady to wear such a bright coat :)

------.jpg

Hi Tony, I actually quite like it, it has a nice "Period" look to it, as far as the coat goes, there's no accounting for taste, but I suppose in wartime you have to cheer youselves up somehow! I do Generals with lots of "Bling" as it  becomes more of a technical challenge more me to achieve, and gives me lots of practice, (I do have lots of others without so much fireworks on their chests)

regards

Alex K

Hi Tony, I actually quite like it, it has a nice "Period" look to it, as far as the coat goes, there's no accounting for taste, but I suppose in wartime you have to cheer youselves up somehow! I do Generals with lots of "Bling" as it  becomes more of a technical challenge more me to achieve, and gives me lots of practice, (I do have lots of others without so much fireworks on their chests)

regards

Alex K

I agree with Alex. Nice attempt. the flesh colours are very good.

Here is a colourisation of a  SdKfz 263 of A.A.1 which was destroyed at Alast, Belguim, 1940.

Cheers,

Larry

SdKfz 263 of AA1 dest.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 1 month later...

Larry T - Can't tell you how much I've enjoyed your colorizing the posted photos!  Really neat! 

Do you consider suggestions for photos to colorize?  If yes, do any of these WW1 Germans provoke an interest?

If you don't have uniform color references, I can provide them.

All the best,

Dan

4th Bayern Landsturm Rgt.jpg

1914-Landsturm-Namur-Belgiu.jpg

Mounted-Uhlan-near-barracks.jpg

Uhlan-with-several-days-beard.jpg

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the nice comments. I have never tried to colour WW1 photos. 95% of photos I colour come from my own collection which is WW2 related.

However, I do colour photos for other people and for books so a WW1 uniform colour reference would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Larry

Edited by LarryT

I've loaded most of my collection of color uniform, equipment and weapons references for the Great War on www.Planetfigure.com Uniform Reference pages.  They're broken down by combatant nation, in some cases the year of the war represented.  If you are looking for a specific reference, let me know and I'll see what I can find.

All the best,

Dan