News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Saxon officer with Lippe-Detmold War Honor Cross for Heroic Deed

• 1 month later...

Hi Chuck,

No those medals doesn't belong to Hauptmann Tasche. I want to recreate this group. I will put them under glass as soon as I receive the knight cross 1st class with X of Albert Order of Saxe.

Like I have a wartime ribbon bar including SH3, SA3X, EK2, LK, it is probably from Tasche but I have no idea.

20160712_222749.jpg

Very nice, Albrecht Tasche would be glad.

But I doubt, that the ribbonbar fits to Tasche....the earlist award of Tasche was the 1905-medal, which is completely missing at the ribbon bar.

And he got the SH3 earlier than the SA3X (as he didn´t list the SA3X in 1916, when he received the cross for heroic deeds).

And finally the ribbonbar is a typical Saxon-style, wearing first the awards from Saxony followed by the Prussian IC.

Albrecht Tasche was a Lippe-Detmold citizen, who never would have done this.

Thanks for  your reply. I have no idea if this one match with Tasche. But for me, it's a pure wartime ribbon bar. I have another one from Oberstleutant von Heygendorff who never wore all his pre war ribbons. He has chosen to wear only the wartime ribbon. I have the big ribbon bar of von Süßmilch and a photo of him during the war showing only small wartime ribbon bar. The clue here is the LK but like you said before, with 22000 names it will be impossible to find which saxon officers has got this cross.

Christophe

Sure, it´s a wartime ribbon...but the way the ribbons are mounted (Saxony before Prussia) clearly doesn´t match with Tasche.

So the only way to find out is to read 22,000 receipts :-P

The man on the card is Albert Tasche, even if he was born in the Lippe country he served all his career in the Saxon unit. During the war he was in the RIR Nr. 107. So that's why he wore the saxon medals first.

• 1 year later...

And now to revisit this topic again.

Apparently, Roth's SA3aX list is in error.  It would appear that Hptm.d.L.a.D. Georg Tasche was the Hptm. in Landwehr-Brigade-Ersatz-Bataillon who received the SA3aX, not Hptm.d.R. Albrecht. 

Georg was awarded the Lippe Kriegsverdienstkreuz on 23.7.1915 as Kgl. sächs. Hptm.d.L.a.D., Kp.Fhr. LdwBrigEB 47, LEIR 5, Div. v. Menges.  His other listed awards at that time were the EK2, SA3a, SLD2 and the 1905 Thronanspruchsmedaille. 

I cannot find the Tasche award in the 1916 Saxon Militär-Verordnungsblatt.  I assume Roth found it in the Ordenskanzlei Akten, but maybe it was mis-listed there. 

Although neither Tasche is a match, there are several possibilities for Christophe's ribbon bar shown above. Among these are OLt.d.R. Walther Naumann, Lt.d.R. Rudolf Schuricht, and Lt. Hans Hammer (later Generalmajor), all awarded the LK on 11.6.1915 while serving with IR 104. I'm sure there are others. 

Christophe, I have 9 of them: 

7.6.15 Facius, Karl, Hptm., IR 104
    11.6.15 Eulitz, Fritz, Hptm., IR 104
    11.6.15 Naumann, Walther, OLt.d.R., IR 104
    11.6.15 Berger, Max, OLt.d.R., IR 104
    11.6.15 Schuricht, Rudolf, Lt.d.R., IR 104
    11.6.15 Heidemann, Erwin, Lt., IR 104
    11.6.15 Hammer, Hans, Lt., IR 104
    11.6.15 Kühn, Walter, Vfw.d.R., IR 104
    11.6.15 Fritzsch, Otto, Vfw., IR 104

I don't have a complete list. In the limited time I was in Detmold, I only wrote down LK-recipients with other decorations, so I might have skipped a few junior soldiers who only had an EK2 or no other awards listed.

All of these except Naumann, Schuricht and Hammer can be ruled out for the ribbon bar because of other awards. Facius had the Prussian KO4, for example, and Eulitz the HOH3X. Berger had the SLD2 and Heidemann had the SV3bX. Kühn, Lt.d.R. on 15.7.16, had both the silver and gold St. Heinrich-Medaillen and the Ritterkreuz of the Order, so three St. Henry ribbons. Fritzsch had the silver St. Heinrich-Medaille, but nothing on the Albrechts-Orden ribbon.

I've only seen a fraction of the LK receipts, though. There are probably a number of other Saxons out there. 

• 1 year later...