News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Prices for Mongolian awards

Bob

• Replies 62
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The world has gone "Mad For Mongolian" I think we are approaching the zenith here............ I'll be the first to admit, when I want it, I buy it. If it's right, if it's real, if the condition is superb......... damn the price.

But this is out of the realm of reality even for me.........

http://cgi.ebay.com/MONG-HONORARY-LABOR-ME...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ONE-PERSON-AWARDED-2-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

The world has gone "Mad For Mongolian" I think we are approaching the zenith here............ I'll be the first to admit, when I want it, I buy it. If it's right, if it's real, if the condition is superb......... damn the price.

But this is out of the realm of reality even for me.........

http://cgi.ebay.com/MONG-HONORARY-LABOR-ME...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ONE-PERSON-AWARDED-2-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

Pumbark start playing games by bidding on his own items using chinggisron as a bidder. I have been outbid by this person on several occasions and got second chance offer awry time.

The usual stuff ;)

3 Sukhe Bator orders,

Hero of Labor,

Order of the Red Banner of Military Valor

same 4th award

Polar Star 1st type A31

A40.3

A6.1

2 of A32.1

A26

5 of A23.2

4 of A23.3

A23.4

2 E 01

F 02, F 03

2- B 01, 5- B 02, 3- B 04

A61.3

And only then go usual stuff :rolleyes:

Could you maybe post somewhat more detailed pix of your collection, say frame by frame, thanks

Jan

Interesting. I too have been out-done, but I received no second-chance offer....

I've received offers for sale direct... confirmed interest... only then to never hear back.

This whole Mongolian collecting is just odd! :(

Oh Yeah, just the usual stuff :cheeky::jumping::jumping:

Very nice Glenn, congratulations.

Jan

On a Soviet medal forum, a typical "order"-envy induced person would now come up and say: "sorry, they look fake to me... I don't quite like the patina on them" :cheeky:

On a Soviet medal forum, a typical "order"-envy induced person would now come up and say: "sorry, they look fake to me... I don't quite like the patina on them" :cheeky:

Now that you mention it, the enamel on the OPS T1 does not seem quite right to me.

Please send it to me asap for closer inspection :P:cheeky:

Edited by vatjan

• 3 weeks later...

At the same time, more and more interesting items popping up recently. Been offered order of precious rod, one of the early 20's orders, etc.

I wonder how the ratio supply/demand currently REALLY is. Mongolian items are a small collectors circle... not too many people willing to pay many thousands of USD for an award.

But I think out small circle, plus the (apparent) willingness of some to pay some serious money for rare pieces is shaking some nice pieces out of Central Asia. Will the bubble burst or will archive availability fuel the craze?

Your guess (and your money) is as good as mine.

But I think out small circle, plus the (apparent) willingness of some to pay some serious money for rare pieces is shaking some nice pieces out of Central Asia. Will the bubble burst or will archive availability fuel the craze?

Your guess (and your money) is as good as mine.

Well, nobody can control what demand does, but I do know that supply on some items is controlled... forever.

If only 400 items of a certain award exist... low or high demand will not change that. Might have some effect on price, but it'll always be difficult to get.

Better get it now is my thinking then :P