News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello friends,

I hope somebody can help me. I look out for the name of owner of this medalbar.

1. missing (maybe RAO 4th class with swords)

2. KO 3rd class Gold (signature H&S)

3. K?nigsgr?tz 1866

4. Hohenzollern 1848/49 for combatants

5. Long Services Cross (3rd Typ?)

6. MMV 2nd class 1866 Mecklenburg-Schwerin

7. Order of the Iron Crown 3rd Class (3rd Typ Gold without Marks) Austria

Wow-very unusual. Pre 1897-an 1866 MVM (the key I suspect)-NO 1870 medal and a Hohenzollern "crush the peasants" medal.. and no Danish war medal... Obviously a Hauptman or above-but what a career.

Beautiful bar and welcome to the forum. I would think MEZ1, or 2. The other possibility is RAO, but even if a 4.kl. it would still be in front of the POK. Note the construction technique gents... typical pre-1870 style for officers. Very nice!

That is a magnificent early bar. :love::jumping: I have never seen the 1866 Mecklenburg MVK before. How a Prussian officer that fought the Austrians got the Iron Crown must be a very interesting story. I hope you can find out and eventually re-complete the bar .

Dan Murphy

The Order of the Iron Crown changed design arround 1860. The order on this bar ist the new type made in Gold but the pearled suspension ring belongs to the old type. In 1867 a new hallmark-system was published. The orders before 1867 have NO gold hallmarks. I date this Iron Crown between 1860 and 1865. I think in 1866 no Prussian received an Iron Crown. 1864 would be possible but the bar lacks the Danmark War Medal.

haynau

Edited by haynau

Now I found in a Rangliste from 1867 Oberstlieutenant von Sch?ning (8. Westph?lisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr.57). Can somebody confim this name? My next own Rangliste is to late for checking. :(

:love: Beautiful bar Seeheld. The first 1866 Meck. MVK that I've seen mounted. Too bad for the missing medal at position 1, but it does not distract from the bar's beauty!

Can you tell if the Meck. MVK is cast or die struck?

Steve

@ medalnet,

I'm not sure, but I think he received this order for the prussian-austrian war 1866. Because in the Rangliste 1867 is not written black and white ribbon with 3 white stripes.

In this case, I believe he had before the RAO 4th class without swords. But for the moment I can not check my thinking. I have no Rangliste before 1867.

Ohhh, terrible english. I hope it's understandable. :(