News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Something to drool over...

Gentlemen,

this one is currently on CollectRussia for sale. Someone has 77.000,--$ spare? :cheers:

Description:

Order of Lenin, Type 1, #74, with award document and original issue box. Awarded in June 1931 to a Jewish female, a foreman of an electrical equipment factory in Moscow. The award was bestowed upon her for completing the task of the First Five-Year Plan in 2 1/2 years. Comes with photocopies of Soviet newspapers of the period quoting the award decree and containing several articles about the recipient. Includes McDaniel authentication. Excellent condition, completely unheard of for the Type 1 "Tractor" Lenin (rated 9 out of 10). Stunning.

I agree. Stunning :love:

Here is the complete description:

Order of Lenin, Type 1, #74, with award document and original issue box. Awarded in June 1931 to a Jewish female, a foreman of an electrical equipment factory in Moscow. The award was bestowed upon her for completing the task of the First Five-Year Plan in 2 1/2 years. Comes with photocopies of Soviet newspapers of the period quoting the award decree and containing several articles about the recipient. Includes McDaniel authentication. Excellent condition, completely unheard of for the Type 1 "Tractor" Lenin (rated 9 out of 10). Stunning.

Awarded to Sof'ya Yakovlevna Grishkevich.

Silver, solid gold (letters, band, hammer and sickle emblem), enamels. Stamped serial number and "GOZNAK" mint mark to the reverse. Hollow construction and brass screw post; standard features of the early GOZNAK decorations. Magnificently preserved raised details of the medallion and the wreath. Enamel in the letters is original and almost entirely intact (in itself an extraordinary case). Most of the delicate original enamel in the thin band around the center medallion is still present. Superimposed gold parts, including the piece cupping the hammer & sickle emblem, are original and intact. Comes with the original silver and brass screw plate; unique to the Type 1 Lenin.

Condition rating by Paul McDaniel is 9 out of possible 10. Even from the standpoint of the condition alone, this may well be the best Type 1 Order of Lenin ever available for private purchase.

The order booklet was filled-out on 10 April 1941. It contains a very nice large format photograph of the recipient. The Order of Lenin is the only entry in the document. The document is in excellent condition. There is light, attractive foxing to internal pages but no soiling. The cover shows light wear at the corners, not detracting.

The gunmetal blue cardboard box is believed to be unique to the earliest issues of the Orders of Lenin. The box contains the original blue velvet padding and is in excellent overall condition. Has few minor stains to the exterior and light wear. This original Type 1 box in itself is an extraordinary rarity.

The recipient, Sof'ya Grishkevich, worked as the foreman of a soldering team at the Lepse Electromotive Plant in Moscow. This plant produced various types of electrical equipment including power generators and relays used on Soviet airplanes in their record setting arctic flights. During the first two years of the Five-Year Plan, the factory was awarded with several "transferable" Red Banners for the best results in the industry. Curiously, one such honor was bestowed by American metalworkers in Detroit; an episode which illustrates the extent of Communist influence in the American Trade Unions of the time. By the end of May 1931, the plant had completed the production quota of the First Five-Year Plan - almost 2 1/2 years ahead of schedule! Grishkevich was among the foremost workers credited with this success.

Included: photo copy of several articles in the factory newspaper "Lepsinets" which mention Grishkevich and her achievements, photo copy of the June 8, 1931 issue of the "Izvestiya" newspaper which published the Supreme Soviet decree awarding Grishkevich with an Order of Lenin. Included also is a two-page English language synopsis of the information about Grishkevich available from the above newspapers

Guest Rick Research

I know! Adopt-A-Medal Pool... everybody chips in .13% or whatever and the pool items can circulate among the part owners. Set up as a tontine, the last survivor gets to keep everything. :rolleyes:

I can't imagine a nicer set than this. Documentation! Clippings! A photo! AND she made it trhough the Great Purge, if not the war.

Shifted a few decimal points, I could get into non military awards with THIS kind of biographical informational already there.

Hmm. Or I could take out life insurance policies on various unsuspecting Boston commuters :speechless1: with myself as the beneficiary...

but no, I shall remain Ricky, and diminish and go into the west. :lol:

Is it me or have the pics on thread disapered :unsure:

Order of Victory

I thought I was missing something too. If (as I think it is) it is OK with Igor, we need to get the images here to preserve them when the goodie flys back to the Motherland . . . .