News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Identification of some medalbars

Guest Rick Research

I had previously made notes on the Prussian HHOX combination with these three Saxon Orders and... nobody letters A to R matchs on the first bar--- OOOOOORRRRRR it is a wartime bar that was never updated with the recipient's Saxon XXV Cross after the war. I haven't gotten around to the letters S to Z.

Certainly that bar will be identifiable, since I have both the Weimar and Meiningen rolls.

So some time in 2007.... :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

Well, I just FINISHED the "SMK" roll! :cheeky:

Yes, I will look for your St Henry bar ... NOW. Ther are DOZENS of SMK/ St Henry recipients but the SV3aX, HHOX and SWF3bX are CERTAIN to identify him--

and ANOTHER good thing about your bar is that the SMK is a "zinky" type-- which will be the first one I'll KNOW as attributable for when the change was made from lovely chocolate bronze to zink.

Soooo.... how are YOU doing with Mecklenburg-Schwerin's award Rolls? :rolleyes: l

Guest Rick Research

Taaadaaaaah! Back in Real Time! Courtesy my Amazing Ricky Powers?

Gotthard Herford Max Woldemar Kruse

born 1 March 1875 Weimar

died 30 March 1920 (aha, aha, am I good, or what? :rolleyes: )

Leutnant 19.4.96

Oberleutnant 24.11.03

Hauptmann 11.7.10

Major 11.8.16

SA3aX 31.10.14 and Crown to that 10.8.16

SV3aX 15.12.16

StH-R 29.10.15

HHOX 29.9.17

SWF3bX as Roll number "1915 W96" as "Adj 48 Res Inf Brig"

pinback and missing Saxe Weimar Wilhelm Ernst Kriegs Kreuz 1916 Roll #7 as "Adj 48. Res Brig"

and

SMK 19.6.18 as "Major III. Bn Res Inf Rgt" (no unit number) BUT

Erhard Roth had him (no Weimar or Meiningen awards, those are added by me)

Saxon Infantry Regiment 134 in August 1914

Staff, 48th Reserve Infantry Brigade October 19114 to December 1916

Adjutant of 48th Reserve Infantry Brigade at same time, September 1915 to August 1916

In Infantry Regiment 134 again from August 1916

Citation for his Saint Henry Order Knight Cross:

"In the heavy combat of the 24th Reserve Division in the autumn offensive in the Champagne near Aub?rive-St. Souplet at the end of September 1915, Captain Kruse displayed entirely outstanding service and through his tireless, selfless activity thereby fended off the enemy attack. He has been fearless and brave in the heaviest enemy artillery fire, often personally supporting the troops in the foremost line."

No data-- yet :rolleyes: on his ?M3K.

Wow,

very fast. This KRUSE was also one of my favorites. But I got no more informations.

I have to say THANK YOU!

But if you have a medalbar with Orders and Medals from Mecklenburg-Schwerin, I can help for identification. Now I have almost all award rolls on my computer...

• 2 years later...
    • 6 months later...