News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Humble TR Police Cloth Collection

Here is a quick view of my Third Reich Police cloth collection.

Sorry for the odd angles, trying to avoid the flash distortion.

1st, A Gendarm Meister with a few caps and Tschakos. [attachmentid=53111]

Next, an officer's field uniform and a few eagle variations. Field uniforms had cuffs and collars in police green rather than brown as on service uniforms.

[attachmentid=53113]

Edited by W.Unland

Some Verkehrspolizei insignia (traffic police). These red on white eagles are extremely hard to find in "original" condition.

[attachmentid=53114]

Next some Gendarmerie worn by rural and mountain police units. Not to be confused with the army Feldgendarmerie, who wore a similar eagle on field gray backing rather than police green.

[attachmentid=53115]

Edited by W.Unland

Various officer's grade insignia. As these were all hand embroidered the number of variations is endless. The top one in the case is an oddity in that it has gold wings and details as well as gold threads around the swastika. Could be "faded" cellulon, but appears to have been made this way. Use unknown.

[attachmentid=53116]

Some Wasserschutzpolizei (waterways protection police) insignia. As this group was extremely small any insignia from it is hard to find.

[attachmentid=53117]

Edited by W.Unland

Schutzpolizei Insignia (Reich Protective Police). Although the most common, good period used examples are becoming harder to locate, and numerous reproductions are on the market.

[attachmentid=53118]

Feuerschutzpolizei (Armed Fire Protection Police) insignia. This was a relatively small organization who held complete police powers as well as being firemen. "Named" pre-war eagles are very rare.

[attachmentid=53119]

Edited by W.Unland

Miscellaneous including TENO Police, and Polizeihelferin. The black TENO eagle is one of the hardest police eagles to find. I am aware of only four examples in collections. The "southern cross" traditions badge is also quite rare as it was worn by but a few SCHUPO units before the war.

[attachmentid=53120]

Feuerwehr (Volunteer and Career Firemen). Although the most common of all police eagles, the late war carmine on green eagles are hard to find. Notice the carmine swastikas which differentiates them from the Feuerschuttzpolizei eagles which have a black swastika. As the green fire department uniforms were not adapted until late in the war NO "named" examples of this insignia should exist.

[attachmentid=53121]

Edited by W.Unland

Schutzpolizei D. Gemeinden (municipal police). These named eagles are amongst the hardest of all TR insignia to find. The organization only existed for a few years before the war and was subsequently absorbed into the Schutzpolizei, so their red-carmine insignia was discontinued in 1939.

[attachmentid=53122]

Miscellaneous including white SCHUPO NCO, Feuerwehr officer's, and Administrative police. The white NCO eagle is the only one that I am aware of in collection. These were authorized for wear for less than six months in 1936. Consequently very few can be expected to have been produced and even fewer to have survived.

[attachmentid=53123]

Edited by W.Unland

Some Werkfeuerwehr (Factory Fire Protection) and trade badges. Actually employees of the various factories at which they worked, the Werkfeuerwehr wore a standardized uniform similar to a "regular" fireman, but with unique collar tabs and specially named eagles.

[attachmentid=53124]

Police service medals and Tschako plate

[attachmentid=53125]

Edited by W.Unland

Luftschutzpolizei (Air Raid Protection Police) Originally the SHD, this organization was absorbed by the police late in the war. They wore Luftwaffe uniforms with police eagles denoting branch. They were responsible for rescue work,fire fighting, debris removal, and gas protection services after and during air raids. The insignia is embroidered on gray rather than police green cloth.

[attachmentid=53126]

And lastly,miscellaneous machine woven BEVO type insignia introduced for use by all branches of the police late in the war.

[attachmentid=53127]

Thanks for taking a look. Nobody gets to see any of this over here in Japan!

Regards,

William Unland

Edited by W.Unland

Dear Chris,

Thank you. I have never quite gotten into the "get as much as you can " mode of collecting, and have tried to collect types and representative pieces, rather than accumulate things. I don't have the money to buy hoards of "investment grade" materials in any case :P I like things to tell a story or at least educate, and that is how I try to display my collection. Thank you for noticing.

Best Regards,

Bill Unland

Edited by W.Unland

A collection as well focused and presented as this blows many a "Rich guys pile of RKs " out of the water. It shows the difference between a "Collector" and a "Gatherer", two thumbs up indeed.

I agree 100 % with Chris. Well focused and great presented. And if thats humble, then my collection is probably non existing. ;)

Hello,

Thank you to all for the kind words.

The fiker boxes are backed with green wool felt. Probably NOT of conservator quality, but the best I can find here. The labels are simply computer printer heavy weight stock "pinned" to the felt to keep them from sliding around. They have been laid out using photoshop and MS Publisher.

Regards,

William Unland

Guest Rick Research

Magnificent! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

As one who lives with an "everything is locked away in storage/kitchen table when company visits" collection, it is fantastic to see interesting items just flawlessly DISPLAYED the way you have done.

Museum quality indeed.