News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

PUBLISHING unpublished Award rolls - part two

Hello,

Put me down for one of each (it is a tremendous work you guys are doing + books are always of interest !!!)

Cordial greetings,

ps: Ricky or Daniel , i can give a hint on a good printer in Austria / very good price (real low) - quality (read high) (feel free to PM me about it)

• 3 weeks later...

These have not been PRINTED yet. We are trying to get the number of definite orders in ADVANCE because the printings will be extremely limited and it is easier to know we will have 30 or 40 sold and print that many than have 20 printed but 40 wanted. It may well be years before second editions come out.

Being Poor But Honest Scholars we are seriously under-capitalized and do not have the funds to have 100 of each (there are DOZENS of rolls being worked on) pre-paid and lying around (like my friend Neal O'Connor did with his WW1 aviation awards books) to sell off 1 at a time. :(

Work is progressing. Yesterday I was able to add 100 birth years, 27 death years, and 41 first names to the 43 that had none in the 111 Wilhelmskreuz mit Krone X awards, for instance:

we are adding LOTS of extra added research value to these never published before rolls.

Oh boy, oh boy!!! I can't wait to see the rolls for the EK I and EK II !!!! You are going to do these, right? :banger: R.

Guest Rick Research

Well, now that you MENTION that, Rick, there ARE the odd and obscure places where quite a monstrously large number of such implausible things lurk-- but alas geographically random. :rolleyes:

And not gonna get done by me, in my lifetime!!!! :speechless1::cheeky:

And not gonna get done by me, in my lifetime!!!! :speechless1::cheeky:

Nor anyone else :P But, hey, I'm not greedy. I'll settle for all the aviation receipients, their full name, unit and date! Hee-hee. R.

Edited by Rick

As someone who likely has the ID of a lapel bow and possibly a few ribbon bars riding on the material in these books, I am most certainly interested. However, I'd like to see even a vague ballpark figure before making a commitment. (I want to be sure that I'll actually be able to meet the commitment.)

Guest Rick Research

Don't know yet. The Final Proofs for Hohenzollern and Saxe-Coburg went back today, so those are ready to go anytime the publisher commits to the printer to roll 'em off.

The PROBLEM is that it's a "chicken and eggs" situation where the printer charges LESS by numbers MORE printed, for which we needed a rough estimate of "pre-sold" copies to have onhand

because if only 25 get printed and 70 people want them...

it will cost more printeing 25 copies 3 times than 70 all at once.

The COST, I can assure you, is in the printing and not in the Semi-Famous Author's Retirement Fund.

It will probably vary by pages by different state as done, but we have reached the Magic Commitment figures.

When they are available, will post data in the Books For Sale subforum. :beer:

Were the foreign recipients are concerned, I have a shorter entry, not describing the other awards and just the HGL.

If any of you gents need info on Dutch recipients just send me an e-mail with the names you have and around which date I have to look. I will be happy to contribute any biographical material I can find :cheers:

E-mail is info @ onderscheidingen.nl (separated to keep those nasty spam bots out).

Cheers,

Erik