News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Stalingrad Panorama Museum

• Replies 57
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

While in Volgograd, also visited Victory Day celebrations. Some pics.

I would have expected a guy of this age to wear some awards that I actually recognize...

Mamayev was definately full of people (although above pics don't give that impression) and also in city center it was quite busy (although much more "low key" than the celebrations in Moscow as I saw on TV).

When in center of Volgograd it's hard to imagine that it's a city with 1M inhabitants.

All in all an enjoyable and relaxed visit. In 2 months will be travelling to Belarus to visit, among other places, Brest Fortress. Been there a few years ago and was impressed then... but now I'll also have some phaleristic thoughts in my head while lookking:)

#2 I think it is the Pavlov's House (дом Павлова) - There is an other building on the other side of the street that was rebuild after the war, so I'm not sure which one is the Pavloc's House, but I think it is this one.

You are correct in saying that this is "Pavlov's House". The black and white image from Wik'pedia is a bit deceiving when you compare the two, but it has been 60 years since the war!

Looks like an interesting place, I would love to get there one day. If not I can always come here for a look.

Regards;

Johnsy