News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I found a small 3 place medal bar that has a most unusual backing to it. The red felt is cut in a manner which I have never seen before. Instead of the usual zigzag pattern it is cut into loops, with miniature zigzags cut into the edges. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Here is the front:

[attachmentid=57582]

Guest Brian von Etzel

Without holding it I can't be sure but it sure sets off the bad bells in my head. A China vet with a non-reg medal in the third place and the China medal looks a little light...

Edited by Brian von Etzel

hummm

there jumps 3 possibilities in my head.....

1) co?ncidence..

2) same manufacturer.

3) same faker....

What could be it??

Since this style of backing is not unusual, it could only really be the first two items in your list.

In my view, neither of the bars look remotely as though a faker had anything to do with them.

Guest Brian von Etzel

No doubt I'm wrong, I was thinking the China medal looked awfully new combined with a very old looking EKII. And it looked thin to me. Probably just the photo.

In searching I found another 3 place bar (Don - please forgive me for posting this without asking first) with the same cut in the backing material.

No apology required. We all post here for comments and learning. :beer:

Edited by dond