News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

50th Anniversary Medal of the Soviet Militia

Here's some additional closeup shots of the ring. Seems one side has the makers mark letters but not the other... which may mean it wasn't stamped or was poorly stamped... or that it is indeed a copy and not an original. Really need an opinion on this one one way or the other.

Edited by Hauptman

Can't figure out how this new software layout works with pics yet. Tried to put both shots in one but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

Anyhow here's the other shot:

Oh, and no idea what the blue marks are... can't see them except in the scan. :unsure:

Edited by Hauptman

Looks normal enough. As Andreas says worn but ok. The blue can be anything..... at all. Don't dwell on it. The ring may appear shabby but that's fairly normal. I doubt that anyone could have much incentive to fake these as they are common enough although of course, its may just be a matter of time!

Jim

Thanks Gents! :beer: Nice to have a confirmation that it's actually a good piece. I didn't pay much for it which I guess is why I figured it might be a copy. And then once I got the red bible and it didn't seem to have the most complete maker markings on the ring as shown in the book that there was still a chance of that. But after being a numismatist for most of my life I know how often things can go awry at the mint with things not being stamped right or at all and that often quality control can be a bit lacking.

Many thanks for the help on this one. Guess I'll have to post her in the regular Soviet section.

Dan :cheers:

Love it or hate it, the Red Bible is not as comprehensive nowadays as it was when it was issued. Don't get me wrong.... it defo is in my "love it" list...more like "adore it" list !! But I think that a lot has turned up since then and its just no longer as comprehensive as it was.

Jim