News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New in the forum

Antonio Prieto

Dear and distinguished gentlemen

This is my first written in this forum, and serve these first lines to make a own presentation

In the first place I have to comment that my native language is the spanish, for that that in occasions my english maybe is not all the good one that it would be desirable

Then to give them the congratulation for the level of all the participants, as well as for the quality of most of the images

My knowledge is basically on Spanish ODM. My level is not as high as the one that I have seen in the section "Spain: Spanish Civil War Awards, Militaria & History", and I don't have specialization in german recompenses of this time

Anyway, in advance, I will be able several errors that I have observed, will go or contributing bigger information or identification to recompenses and emblems

The offer is it doesn't only for this period, but also for the rest of Spanish ODM, so much the Civil Orders, like for other medals of other times: Peninsular War, Carlist Wars or current medals

I have observed that they mention in some topics my page http://www.coleccionesmilitares.com like reference source. For lack of time and space in occasions the images and denomination of the medals appear only. Under petition, it could provide, in Spanish, the different regulations or rules

More complicated it is to obtain relationships of recipients, because I don't have access at these and my time for the investigation it is limited

I want to add that on the contrary that in other countries, most of the times the making of the ODM has been made to the private industry what has given place to numerous variants that sometimes makes difficult to date the medal

Several jeweler's or makers of great fame have existed, of those that unfortunately some hardly survives: CELADA, VILLANUEVA AND LAISECA, MEDINA, CEJALVO, SAZ, EGA?A that have usually "signed" their pieces. The rest is almost impossible to determine the maker

Others of my interests are the worlwide ribbons, like form of identifying the ODM, and the recompenses for Peacekeeping Operations

Thank you

Greetings to all

Several jeweler's or makers of great fame have existed, of those that unfortunately some hardly survives: CELADA, VILLANUEVA AND LAISECA, MEDINA, CEJALVO, SAZ, EGA?A that have usually "signed" their pieces. The rest is almost impossible to determine the maker

Others of my interests are the worlwide ribbons, like form of identifying the ODM, and the recompenses for Peacekeeping Operations

Thank you

Greetings to all

Hello Antonio,

You're very welcome to this forum.

Regarding to the makers, I have a Navarra Army Corps Badge with a marking which seems to be 'cLo'. At the beguinning I though it could be an abreviaton of

CEJALVO but this maker still active in present day, does not recognize it as yours.

Do you have seen before this marking?

Gracias

Francisco