News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My small CCCP-Collection

It's ten years ago, I bought my last medal... sigh...

Ten years huh? You might just have a lil something to say when u see the prices :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard mate!

Jim :cheers:

Edited by JimZ

Mabuse,

That's an excellent start to what could be a GREAT collection!! I would think that adding more to it would make you feel better...it would for me!!

:beer: Doc

Hehe Doc, you sound like a drug pusher - just say no Mabuse, Doc just wants to feel better about his own addiction! :cheeky:

Gilbert

...I suppose collecting is not the worst addiction - but maybe one of the more expensive...

The medals prices in Russia ten years ago (>10 years, last time I was in Kazan was in 1995) were fairly cheap - I fear that might have changed... :unsure: ...particulary with regard to the missing orders/medals (e.g. the Order of Victory ;) )

Ciao,

Daniel

Braunschweig is the city were I learned how to speak German. I wonder why I never saw any Soviet orders for sale on Bohlweg. ;)

Cool, the world is a village :D !

Have you ever been on the flea markets "Hamburger Stra?e/Sch?tzenplatz" oder "Harz & Heide Messegel?nde"? During the early 90s it was a good place to find soviet militaria.

The Serials:

Order of the Red Banner: 360686

Order of the Red Banner of Work: 746067

Order of Glory (3rd class): 555246

Medal "For Bravery": 635976

Medal "For Combat Service": 2778797

Order of the Great Patriotic War (2nd class): 1809676

Order of the Great Patriotic War (1st class): 1102458

Order of the Red Star: 1034809

You see, very late orders...

You see, very late orders...

Well, thats not entirely true. The Medal for Bravery is from about End 1943, the Order of Glory 3rd class is probably from Mid 1945 and the Red Star could be a Long Service award from November 1944. The Red Banner is also most probably a Long-Service award, but from 1951.

The first two mentioned could be interesting to research. Take a look in the researched section for some examples.

Hallo Daniel,

I was few times at the Hamburger Stra?e Flohmarkt, but the first time I was in Braunschweig was in 1998. So I missed all those Soviet collectibles. I wasn't even collecting at that time. What a shame.

I cannot recall where the Harz & Heide Messegel?nde is located. Maybe I have already been there.

As Gerd said, it seems that not all your orders and medals are late ones. :beer:

Bryan