News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"Doc" Riley's Collection

• 2 weeks later...

Ulsterman,

All of these except one or two Austro-Hungarian medals are already in the OMSA Database. I post them there as I get them. Thanks to all for your compliments!!! I will continue to post my entire collection as I have time. There's a lot to post and more coming in each month.

:beer: Doc

PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF POLAND

The Auschwitz Cross was established in 1985 to honor all former prisoners of the German concentration camps. A silver cross with a triangular prisoners symbol and a letter P on red enamel background. The reverse has barb wire and the years 1939-1945 with the words, PRL, Wiezniom Obozow Koncentracyjnych ( For Prisoners of the Concentration Camps). The cross is worn on a gray ribbon with blue stripes. The cross is 45mm x 45mm.

Established in 1945 as an award for meritorious servcie in combat operations during the German occupation of Poland. The cross was also awarded to partisans in France, Yugoslavia and the Soviet union. The cross is gold gilt with indented borders on both sides The medal is worn on a green ribbon with black border stripes. The cross is 39mm x 39mm.

Established in 1946 to honor those who participated in the Silesian Uprising in 1921 and fought in that region in 1939 and 1945. The ribbon is a combination of stripes which includes the colors of the Cross of Valor, Order of Grunwald and the pre-war Cross of Silesian Valor and Merit. Light blue, red and white center, and red and white border stripes. The cross is 39mm x 39mm.