News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

And the last shot of it. Tunic doesn't have a makers lable, but does have a name tag sewn into it at the base of the collar, and that name is for Oberst von Maltzahn, but I can't say if the tag is 100% original to the tunic or not, I will dig up a photo of the name tag and add that a bit further on if anyone is interested.

Hope you like the photos,

Cheers

Bob

These is a sweet tunic!

MALTZAHN, G?nther, Freiherr von. (RE, DKG).

Born 20.10.1910 in Wodarg/Pomerania.

Ritterkreuz awarded 30.12.1940 after 13 victories.

Eichenlaub awarded 24.07.41 after 42 victories.

Flew 500+ combat missions.

Final score 68 (of which 33 in Russia).

Kommandeur II./JG 53 (08.39 - 10.10.40).

Kommodore JG 53 (10.10.40 - 04.10.43).

Promoted to Oberst on 01.12.43.

Jagdfliegerf?hrer Oberitalien (12.43 - 09.44).

Stab/General der Jagdflieger (10.44 - 1945)

Died 24.06.1953 in D?sseldorf.

Bill

Thanks guys, yeah Eric, I had a lovely example of a DKiG, and moved it when I was trying to get out of the hobby, something I now regret, and will track another one down for the Herr Oberst soon I hope.

Bill, I will get the disc where I took the photo of the name tag and post it soon.

...and Paul, I did promise I would do the pix for you, Glad you like the end result.!!

Bob

I acknowledge that anyone can add a name tag, so I can't say for sure that this tunic did belong to von Maltzahn, but maybe I can one day find a decent shot of him with his awards as an Oberst, and maybe match up the loops...

Here is another shot of the eagle, this is scanned ...

• 7 months later...

The things I find on the internet, here is a 4 pocket tunic, maybe it is his, :speechless1: .. Loved the stupid show when I was a kid, so had to throw this in here... sorry!!

Bob

Can anybody tell me what the ribbons on Klink's ribbon bar are?

B

• 5 months later...

The things I find on the internet, here is a 4 pocket tunic, maybe it is his, :speechless1: .. Loved the stupid show when I was a kid, so had to throw this in here... sorry!!

Bob

Look where they pinned the 1939 Clasp to the EK1... what a bunch of dummies! Major Haukstetter was the real anomally on the show. Also, here is a Luftwaffe Stalag and Klink's superior officer was an ARMY General. Also, officers and enlisted did not share the same camps and Lebeau would have been shot by the Gestapo as a partisan (criminal).

Bob

Not to take away anything from the original tunic posted here... really nice... would love to have an Oakleave recipient tunic to my collection. But I do have this Oberleutnant dress tunic and white linen vest that belonged to fighter ace and Knight's Cross winner Klaus Bretschneider, JG-300 with 34 victories including 14 at night in 20 sorties flying the FW-190, part of Hajo Herrmann's "Wilde Sau". He was KIA on 24 December 1944, probably shot down by a Mustang from the 357th Fighter Group (Chuck Yeager and Bud Anderson's outfit) during the Battle of the Bulge, although he was attacking the bomber forces.

Enjoy,

Bob

Here is a close up of the beautiful droop tailed silver bullion breast eagle. These are three paintings done by aviation artist Keith Ferris showing Bretschneider's FW-190 in action. The one below left is a reverse of his famous mural in the National Air & Space Museum in Washington, D.C. Bretschneider was a favorite of the artist.

Edited by Sprocket