I consider myself very lucky. The odd (authentic) pix that shows up usually fetches outrageous sums of money. Especially previously unknown/unpublished private photos. Recently, a postcard popped up on eBay in the US. One postcard. It showed a profile of vonRichtofen putting his hat back on after paying his respects at the funeral of another airman. It sold for in excess of $900.

I think the part that is the bummer is that these are all just one page ripped from an album. I'd love to have seen where the rest of it went.

Greetings Lads,

I am happy to be on this Forum. This is my first post. Has anyone read the book THE RED KNIGHT OF GERMANY by Floyd Gibbons-1927? It is an outstanding read. It has translations of all his combat reports and letters home to Mamma. It is a great book. It covers his start as an Uhlan in the east, boar hunting, learning to fly, crashes, and his stellar but brief time in the air. Check it out.

byf