News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Braunschweig, Hausorden Heinrich des L?wen, 4. Klasse

Dear forumites,

I would like to introduce to you quite a rare little cross: the Braunschweig Henry's House Order 4th class. Also GFM Keitel got it in WWI... quite a rare decoration to see it on the medal bars.

Ciao,

Claudio

Here's GFM Wilhelm Keitel wearing his Grossenordensspange. The Braunschweig cross 4th class is worn on the bar at the 10th place from the left...

Nice bar!!! :speechless1: I'd like to know if this bar survived the war... I guess that very likely it was confiscated by the victors (Brits or Americans).

Ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

Very nice and rare example!

I have a pic of this bar with the BH4. The bar is not mine, don't know where I saw it. I've tried to ID it, but unsuccessfully.

Brunswickbar.jpg

Edited by webr55

This one has another ribbon than the above mentioned one....

Any explanation?? (wartime vs peace-time ribbon??)

But both are very nice to see, I don't really like the enamelled ones.

Kind regards,

Jacky

Here's GFM Wilhelm Keitel wearing his Grossenordensspange. The Braunschweig cross 4th class is worn on the bar at the 10th place from the left...

Nice bar!!! :speechless1: I'd like to know if this bar survived the war... I guess that very likely it was confiscated by the victors (Brits or Americans).

Ciao,

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for posting the pic of Keital. I've never seen this photo before or a close up of his medal bar. Also very interesting subject.

Regards,

Sam