News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spanish Pilots Wings

Simon F

I saw a set of 1938 model Spanish pilots wings on the WAF and they have piqued my interest somewhat. I wondered if anybody could tell me more about the history of these wings in particular known makers (Spanish/German), Foreign Pilots they were awarded to, criteria for awarding, etc? Perhaps some pics of wings in other peoples collections, many thanks smile.gif

I saw a set of 1938 model Spanish pilots wings on the WAF and they have piqued my interest somewhat. I wondered if anybody could tell me more about the history of these wings in particular known makers (Spanish/German), Foreign Pilots they were awarded to, criteria for awarding, etc? Perhaps some pics of wings in other peoples collections, many thanks smile.gif

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/sho...ghlight=rokiski

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/sho...ghlight=rokiski

Hello,

This is the Rokiski pilot/obs. wings from the Knight Cross holder Gen.Torsten

Christ earned while in the Legion Condor acting as General Staff officer (hauptmann at the time).

Picture taken from Hermann-Historica

Regards

The engraved cross seems to have diamonds ???

the eagles head are on the wrong side ???

jacques

Were there any regulations (uniform or otherwise) regarding the wearing of these wings for Wehrmacht personnel?

I suppose, but period pics show that the wing were worn in the middle of the pocket, under or above the DK/SPK, above the pocket button.

Andreas once asked me the identity of this guy. I think he is Willi Cryns who won the DK as bordschutze in the Boelke Kampfgeschwader before promoting to officer and obtaining his pilot qualification. A meteoric career. Note the staffel badge in the lapel.

Regards

This pic come from another forum. If the owner wish I can delete it.

Hello,

The only regulation is that the foreign wings/badge must be UNDER the Luftwaffe

eagle.

Of course this not counts for the spanish pilots who put them OVER the eagle

Regards

Fran

Were there any regulations (uniform or otherwise) regarding the wearing of these wings for Wehrmacht personnel?

• 2 weeks later...