News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1914 Iron Cross very rare @ 349 Us Dollars

Hallo Gents, :cheers:

just cant understand why this as no bids :speechless:

http://cgi.ebay.com/EXTREMELY-RARE-MARKED-...1QQcmdZViewItem

FREE INTERNATIONAL INSURANCED MAIL!!!!!

EXTREMELY RARE MARKED IRON CROSS 1914 2nd class! MINT!!!

3 days full money return policy!!!

You are bidding for an EXTREMELY RARE marked three pieces 1914 Iron Cross 2nd class,

with original ribbon. All MINT!

BUY IT NOW OR MAKE YOUR BEST OFFER!!!

Don't loose this extremely rare item!!!

The cross is absolutely PERFECT with more than 3,5 inches ribbon.

Marked WIL (as the king Wilhelm II) on the ring!

THE ITEM IS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!

The pics quality maybe could be poor but the item is really very very good!!!

Please email me all your questions about these items.

3 DAYS FULL MONEY RETURN POLICY!!!

Free WORLDWIDE INSURANCED mail shipping.

Excuse me for my bad English!!!

Good luck!

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Not only does he have poor english - math is not a strong point either - missed the decimal point a bit.

I did ebay-mail him about the fatastic cross he is selling and got the following reply via ebay:

Thank you very much!

I'm waiting to the end of the auction to relist it at right price!*

Are you interested in other WWII german and Italian medals and insigna that I cannot list on ebay?

If you are in interested I can send you a list with pictures at your email address you will give me.

Thanks a lot and SORRY for big mistake!!!

GB

* read as: "But if in the meantime some sucker bids my asking price I will take it, and laugh all the way to the bank" :speechless:

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Guest Darrell

No wonder .... it IS rare :jumping:

One marked for King Wilhelm II himself ... (whoever King Wilhelm II was :speechless: ) ...... :cheeky:

No wonder .... it IS rare :jumping:

One marked for King Wilhelm II himself ... (whoever King Wilhelm II was :speechless: ) ...... :cheeky:

Wilhelm II Deutscher Kaiser was also King of Prussia, though he didn't usually go by that title by itself.

There was another King Wilhelm II, though. Wilhelm II, King of W?rttemberg from 1891 to 1918.

Not that this has any real relevance to the bizarre little exercise in salesmanship above.

Edited by Dave Danner

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this was a "gentleman's" forum. So someone doesn't know the value of an Iron Cross?! Shocking! And then we simply assume the seller is looking for "suckers".

Perhaps this should be called the "Self Righteous Know-It-All Forum"?

cher kip!

but it IS a gentlemen's forum, and while

i can't speak for all the gentlemen here,

i spent a fair amount of money before

i realized what a sucker i was being.

i think generally when something smells

like a rose here, it is appropriately commented upon.

the same is generally true for manure.

this is manure being commented upon.

best regards,

joe

Thank you for enlightening us my good fellow! How fortunate we are that we have so many experts on manure among us.

Perhaps you might like to keep this in mind: most people are not experts on antiques, and the few who happen to come across something old may not realize the item's actual value, and excitedly assume that it is a rare treasure.

From the little I know, a true gentleman gives others the benefit of the doubt. Yes, things like Grand Crosses are indeed hard to find - just as enlightened gentlemen are on internet forums.

;)

Hallo Kip, :cheers:

seeing I was the original poster of the link regarding this item, its only fair I address your comments.

Point 1, the 1914 Iron Cross II Class, has to be one of the most common items placed for sale on Ebay World-wide after the Hindenberg Cross of honour, if the seller had glanced through any of the militaria sections on Ebay, he would have seen numerous examples and their prices.

Point 2. I, contacted the seller with regards the item, I told him exactly what it was, and gave hiim an approxamate value with regards the current price both on and off ebay worldwide.

Point 3, the seller responded with thanks, but said he was waiting for the auction to end before he relisted it at the right price, when you have up to 24 hours before the auction ends to make any changes and add any information, take in mind the auction still had 4 days to go when I informed him about the item.

Point 4, If, he had sold the item after, I informed him of the current price / value, to somebody who did not realise the true value of the 1914 Iron Cross, II Class, do you think he would tell them that they were overpaying by some 300 dollars?

I dont think so.

Point 5, he also asked me if I would give him my email address so he could offer me some iii reich material that he could not sell on Ebay, I believe Ebay have a regulation about using their auction pages or their system to offer items outside ebay, iii reich pieces included.

Point 6, Many members here at G.M.I.C. have often contacted or tried to contact proffesional sellers on Ebay, with regards the mis-information on their auctions, and most times they have been ignored, simply because the seller is interested in getting a sucker to pay big prices for crap items (Fake Pour le Merite, springing instantly to mind).

Point 7, before making comments about so many "experts on maure", you might like to know, that the members of the G.M.I.C. are among the best at pointing out the many fakers and Con-men, shill-bidders out there, some of us feel its our duty to point out anything that looks fishy or is an outright rip off, many members have been stung in the early days of collecting and feel obliged to help, warn, and advise fellow members, especialy newcomers to militaria collecting.

Point 8. There are sellers out there in Ebay world who do rely on the ignorance of the buying public with regards antiques, and will not hesitate to put anything in the auction description to get their hands on the buyers hard-earned cash.

Point 9, Nowhere, in any of the posts on this thread, are the words, Grand Cross mentioned until you mention them, we are talking about a very common 1914 Prussian Iron Cross, II Class, its your right to make a comment, but, make sure you understand the members reasons for doing so as well.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

well, we did not, but it seems the first one has arrived! Welcome!

Yes, aren?t we blessed, Chris? :rolleyes:

However, everyone, who is too lazy to look on ebay to get an idea about the price of an item, which is readily available everywhere, deserves no other treatment, sorry.

well, we did not, but it seems the first one has arrived! Welcome!

Hello everyone,

I would like to add that before I joined this forum I had purchased some items that turned out to be "fantasy" items. It hurt to find out I had been had but in the long run the members have saved me a lot of money and humiliation in my future purchases.

I was raised on a farm and while manure has its place, crooks and scam artists do not. Many thanks to all of the gentlemen and ladies for your guidence.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian