• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Time to bring this thread back to life. Please post what you have.

Here is an EK II citation produced onboard the pocket Battleship Admiral Scheer during her war cruise of 1940/41. Signed by Theodor Kranke.

Good idea and a fine document you have there Kevin.

Here is my favorite EKII document from a crewman from the Hilfskreuzer THOR.

It is signed by the Commander Gunther Gumprich on Dec.24 1942 in Yokohama,Japan.

Regards,Martin.

EK I citation to a U-Boot Commander. Heinz-Ehlert Clausen commanded U-403 and sunk 2 ships including Empire Howard which was carrying the Convoy Commodore of PQ-14 and which sank in less then a minute...

Some interesting signatures on the doc's poste above.

Here is another EKII document i have from a Hilfskreuzer crewman.

Ernst Schwabe of the HK STIER.

Alas,i do not have his HK award document but i do have a couple of nice photographs of the man,one i have posted below.

The document is signed by the Commander of the STIER,Horst Gerlach.

Regards,Martin.

Here is an nice citation I recently picked up to a Gefreiter serving with Schützen-Regiment 104 and 15. Panzer Division. The unit was fighting before Tobruk at the time and I wonder if the signature is that of Oberst Maximilian von Herff - he took command (M.d.F.b) of the division following the wounding of Generalmajor von Esebeck.

Here's a great document I grabbbed off the WAF estand a few months ago. It was completely overpriced at the time (the price was inflated due to the perceived ultra-value of Sperrle's signature) but I just had to have it because of the unit. Although it is basically impossible to research, the thought of an EK2 for bravery to an air-sea rescue crewman out of Cherbourg during the Battle of Britain is quite exciting and interesting.

Edited by Brian R
Here's a great document I grabbbed off the WAF estand a few months ago. It was completely overpriced at the time (the price was inflated due to the perceived ultra-value of Sperrle's signature) but I just had to have it because of the unit. Although it is basically impossible to research, the thought of an EK2 for bravery to an air-sea rescue crewman out of Cherbourg during the Battle of Britain is quite exciting and interesting.

Nice one Brian. ;)

I do not know anything regarding the unit,but the date on the document certainly suggests that this air-sea rescue crewman was involved in actions over the Channel during the Battle of Britain,or at least in the latter stages.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

I would not pay spit extra for Sperrle, all the LW ones have a good name on them, but I agree this unit is fantastic !!!!! Probably worth what the Sperrle inflation was!