News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1914 EKII mm "square"

Gent's,

Went to the Lowell Miltiary Show today and speaking of which, didn't see Ulsterman or Rick. Where were you Guys? Well, hopefully next month we can regroup and talk about the acquisitions of the day. :cheers:

I happened upon this little Cross with the Frame halves made of Brass and stamped with a "square." None the less, I haven't previously owned one stamped with such and unknown Manufacturer before and welcome it's new home in my medal case. I love the crisp core this one exhibits as well! :cheers:

Regards,

Joel

Edited by buellmeister

I could't find the stamp referenced on the Maker's list from the Kaiser's Bunker website

He has it referenced with the 1st. class crosses as simply "unknown"

BTW- That is a very nice variation.

Edited by gregM

Here's the rear. No picture of the mark but it is there on the ring quite easy to see. Maybe it's a quality control mark or something. Both of these crosses shown here use something other than iron as the core. Interesting.

Edited by Steve campbell

Micha,

When I handled the cross I knew that not only it would fill a foid in my collection with the "square" stamp but the fact that it was a brass framed piece really got me excited! Thank you sir!

Steve,

Congrats to you on obtaining a rare find! Exquisite Cross my friend!

Regards,

Joel

Great cross! Does Gordon know what/who the "square" is?

I was at a baseball game-getting rained upon. :Cat-Scratch:

But next month-the "supplier" will be back so we'll be there-elbowing those Polish and Russian chaps aside in the scrum for more Austrian/DDR/Soviet and Hungarian pieces. :cheers:

Jeff,

I know what you mean about getting through the onlookers and those that cut in front of you just to be impolite. It's all good especially if you can find a piece or two in what interests you and to know that you got though it ok with just minor bruising... :P

Regards,

Joel