News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Stamm-Liste des Grossherzoglichen Mecklenburgischen F?silier-Regiments Nr. 90, Kaiser Wilhelm

Is this a source that people were aware of, and just didn't include in the lists of reference materials in the personal research forum? Or have I stumbled across a hell of a little gem?

The Stamm-Liste des Grossherzoglichen Mecklenburgischen F?silier-Regiments Nr. 90, Kaiser Wilhelm, published in 1921, covers all the regular and reserve officers of FR 90. It includes their war postings and all their wartime decorations. Here is a sample:

Dave,

the Offizier-Stammlisten are a wonderful source or research material. I have them for over a hundred differentt regiments/battalions now. They are relatively rare and not all regiments produced them. The infantry was certainly better represented in this type of publication.

Regards

Glenn

I had seen pre-war Stammlisten, such as the Stammliste des Offizier-Korps des Infanterie-Regiments von Horn (3. Rheinisches) Nr. 29, 1813-1901. and the Offizier-Stammliste des K?niglich Bayerischen Infanterie-Leib-Regiments. 1814 bis 1891, but I hadn't seen any for World War I, other than some abbreviated lists in regimental histories. How many World War I ones would you guess you have?

Dave,

a handful published after the war. As I recall from here at work:

1. GRzF, GGR1, GR 2, IR 42, IR 93, UR 6. The vast majority of the ones I have copies of were published during the period 1900-1914 although a few are from slightly earlier. I can check this evening.

Regards

Glenn

Thanks, that would be great to know.

I figured this one was a bit of a find because there aren't published rolls yet for Mecklenburg-Schwerin's MVK, and this covers a lot of recipients, plus their other awards.

BTW, I'm kind of depressed no one has taken up my Karl von Lumm quiz yet. I kind of thought I had a nice little surprise there too. Plus, to be honest, I have no idea what exactly he did during the war.

Edited by Dave Danner

Dave,

my current crop of Stammlisten:

1.GRzF , 2.GRzF, GGR 1, GGR 2, GFR, 3.GRzF, GGR 3, 4.GRzF, GGR 4, GGR 5, GSB, GR 2, LGR 8, GR10, GR 11, GR 12, IR 13, IR15, IR16, IR18, IR 19, IR 21, IR 23, IR 25, IR 26, IR 29, FR 34, FR 40, IR 42,

IR 43, IR 50, IR 51, IR 52, IR 53, IR 55, IR 56, IR 57, IR 58, IR 64, IR 65, IR 66, IR 68, IR 69, IR 72, IR 74, IR 76, IR 77, IR 78, IR 79, FR 80, IR 83, IR 87, IR 93, IR 94, IR 95, IR 96, IR 99, LGR 109, GR 110,

IR 111, IR 112, IR 113, IR 114, IR 115, IR 116, IR 117, IR 125, IR 129, IR 137, IR 158, JB 3, JB 4, JB 6, JB 9, JB 11, JB 14, BILR, LGH, LKR 1, DR 2, DR 13, LHR 1, LHR 2, HR 6, HR 7, HR 11, HR 12, UR 3, UR 5,

UR 6, UR 13, FAR 4, FAR 6, FAR 30, FAR 51, Fu?AR14, PB10, US Potsdam, US Marienwerder, Kaiser Wilhelms Akademie, Schutztruppe Kamerun, Schutztruppe DOA, Bavarian Engineer Officers plus some Offizier-Verzeichnisse: 4.GRzF, FR 73, IR 92, IR 96, RIR 235, Fu?AR17, Eisenbahn-Truppen.

Checking for post war editions: In addition to those I mentioned earlier:

GFR, IR 68, LGR 109, JB 6, HR 12

Regards

Glenn

The Stamm-Liste was on microfilm. I printed out the pages with the biographical details (at 25 cents a page) and have a paper copy. I can probably take them to my office and make a PDF. It will likely be a large PDF file.

I also made a printout of the other book mentioned in the other thread, Die Ritter des Eisernen Kreuzes in alphabetischer Reihenfolge, Bd. 1, Hefte 1 & 2. The PDF I made is 63 pages and 4.19 megabytes. Based on the number of pages and the average number of names per page, I'd estimate there are somewhere over 4,000 names of EK recipients from the first months of the war.

I guess I can upload them at some point so you all can download them, like I did with the Hesse orders list and the W?rttemberg Staatshandbuch excerpts (though who knows if anyone even cared about those). I suppose I could have thought about charging something for them, to defray the costs of printing, but since its only 50/50 whether I will live longer than the next few months, money isn't much of a concern.

Regards,

well, I'd be happy to pay you-not Lawyers rates per hour though :rolleyes:

Thanks,

May i have all of those that might be/ become available?p.s. I can offer useful trade info. I am old fashioned no Pdf. for me on this end though-I xerox everything.

• 3 weeks later...

At the link below may be found the Stamm-Liste des Grossherzoglichen Mecklenburgischen F?silier-Regiments Nr. 90, Kaiser Wilhelm. It is a 38-page PDF and is 3.29 megabytes.

The quality is OK; I had to print the pages from a microfiche and then scan them into a PDF. I scanned it through my office copier, which is why it is sideways. The printing from a microfiche and the scanning is also why it is a large file.

I hope people find it useful. There are a lot of officers there, including ones who started in FR 90 and went to other regiments, as well as reserve and Landwehr officers. As I said above, it has awards and assignments, and some other personal information. It also has first names, which is an all-too-often missing bit of information. Some of the abbreviations are hard to figure out.

http://home.att.net/~dave.danner/militaria...enburg_FR90.pdf

Regards,

Dave

The Stamm-Liste for FR90 is great and thanks. After taking a look through I see that it lists wartime awards, but it does not list campaign awards, for example SWA. These are sometimes the key to IDing a medal or ribbon bar. I guess the only source of information as to if an officers had the SWA or China medal is the DOA 1908/09.

Hi Glenn

Would your 4. GRzF would be the very rare one I have been trying to find so hard in any German library I could think of? Does it contain the NCO career of Louis M?ldner von M?lnheim who entered the 4th Guards in September 1907?

Regards

David

David,

no, the Stammliste was published in 1905.

In any case, Louis M?ldner von M?lnheim's "NCO career" was only the time he would have spent as a Fahnenjunker and Portepee-F?hnrich prior to commissioning. Judging by his date of promotion from Oberj?ger to F?hnrich in J?ger-Bataillon Nr. 7 on 18.10.1896, it is probable that he entered service in March 1896.

Regards

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

I did not even have his date! where did you find it and is there more there?

Regards

David

David,

no, the Stammliste was published in 1905.

In any case, Louis M?ldner von M?lnheim's "NCO career" was only the time he would have spent as a Fahnenjunker and Portepee-F?hnrich prior to commissioning. Judging by his date of promotion from Oberj?ger to F?hnrich in J?ger-Bataillon Nr. 7 on 18.10.1896, it is probable that he entered service in March 1896.

Regards

Glenn

Dave,

Thanks for the information. I appreciate the effort and the willingness to share. I really mean it when I say that the hobby needs more people like you and others here, who regularly give of their time, and often money, to help the community.

Chip

Edited by Chip

• 1 month later...