News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello every one.

I am new to this forum and this is my firts post here.

I have the opertunity to buy this cased Mechlenburg Grffen Order for around 800 euro and wanted to know if this is a fair price.

They are quite rare and you do not see them come up for sale very often so pricing them is quite hard. My friend Mike who has a big imperial collection thinks that it is a fair price but I wanted to get other opinions.

Regards

Peter

Hello every one.

I am new to this forum and this is my firts post here.

I have the opertunity to buy this cased Mechlenburg Grffen Order for around 800 euro and wanted to know if this is a fair price.

They are quite rare and you do not see them come up for sale very often so pricing them is quite hard. My friend Mike who has a big imperial collection thinks that it is a fair price but I wanted to get other opinions.

Regards

Peter

They are indeed rare and I think that's a fair price for this (Rose?) piece.

Hi Dave

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.

I really do not know a lot about these orders and ther makers.

I have attached a couple more pictures that I have so feel free to comment.

In the mean time I will e-mail the seller and try and get a closup of the griffin.

Regards

Peter

Gentlemen,

Okay, I?ll be the one to ask. You have no doubt noticed the rivets in the three and nine o?clock arms in the cross in post #1. Does anyone else recall a discussion regarding this? I have tried to find it through several searches; but no luck.

Claudio - Am I safe in assuming from the pictures of your Godet that, unlike the Rose crosses, the edges of the reverse are beveled? Interesting.

Below is another Rose example.

Hi Wildcard,

Yes, I noticed the rivets. I recall seeing one of these riveted Rose examples before, possible on eBay and I think discussed on WAF.

My example is that same type as Dave D's.

Interesting that there are so many variants. Explanations I can think include a high degree of individual hand work or Rose were outsourcing (the similarity in the bevelling with the Godet example is interesting!

Regards

Mike

• 3 years later...

Hi Tony,

please so kind and post better pictures of your Griffin Order...

Regards Seeheld

Hope these work better for you, if not I will email them. Many thanks