News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here are the bars I have left in my collection. Normally I don't sell or trade but I had a few more that I sold because I was talked out of them when I thought I was going to stop collecting.

I realize that I CANNOT STOP!!!!

We had to replace our scanner and purchased a Lexmark. I can't get the same quality scans as I used to. Does anyone have a Lexmark X7350 who could tell me how to make good scans of medals? My old one was awesome but the new one leaves little to be desired.

I would think some of these bars could be matched to a name. Unfortunately, I don't have the references required to do the research.

Hi Charles,

What beauties :jumping: . For my information the biggest ribbon bar contains Mecklemburg Griffin Order, but the ribbon before is it for the "Wendischen Krone". if so it is very rare with X. may be an important ribbon bar for a Prince. Don't hesitate to show more

Regards

Christophe

Christophe,

These are all my ribbon bars. I'll gladly show better detail once I figure out the reason for the scanner only focusing on the parts touching the plate.

I'd like to ID the Mecklenburg Bar if possible. It's a large size with great quality construction.

I have many orders, decorations, and uniforms that I used to post over on the W-A forum. I am NOT good at resizing image to post to this forum.

I would think I have about 6 bars that should possible to place a name to, maybe more. Rick Research is the only one I have met who seems to have such knowledge.

Guest Rick Research

Throw your scanner away and get an EPSON. Photo Perfection 4490's what I've got-- plain old scanner, no fax, no microwave oven, no phone, no GPS beacon... but it CAN do 3-D as well as flat and yours can't.

I never have been able to identify the wearer of the ribbon bar I got from you years ago. And I'm still looking for Dr. Koschel's that was stolen in the mail from you.

#1 is absolutely textbook perfect Mecklenburg Rules. I really need a good scan of that one for the Ribbon bar Article going back up over in the Miliutaria database section! I have ONE to illustrate their regulations.

#2) Waldeck's rolls have been published (and Daniel is upgraing the data in them) and I've done the Sacxe-Meiningen rolls, but the problem with this one is what is INTENDED by the "crown and Xs" device-- since nothing CAME with a crown. Presumably the device is actually silver, and the wearer meant it to indicate one of the officer grades, but which ONE? :banger:

#3) this one we NEED straight on, front and back views, clear shots. Blacklight that too. Either very very good, or bad.

#4) this is one terrific Godet made bar. Another one I could certainly use that Bavarian device for the article. (Easy with an Epson :catjava: ).

#5) Always nice to see a Bavarian Bravery Medal bar! :cheers:

#6) Is that a black ribbon or a space? (same question for #4 as well). Show us the back. This one'ss quite a jumble so I wonder if it's Fel;dgrau and a tab back, or just Anything Goes Weimar 1920s.

All your imaging issues will be easily resolved with an Epson. You can't do what YOU want to do with what you've got.

OOPS-- forgot-- I THOUGHT the BAVARIAN one between #s 5 and 6-- would be most likely to be ID'able. You've got the world's largest collection of non-regulation JOhanniter Order ribbons and that'll be the key, there. I'looked and couldn't find a match, so it's a 1918+ Johanniter, or maybe the Vatican-affiliated Malta. .

Hi Rick,

Thanks. I'll try to get better images for you. I'll look into the EPSON scanner to.

I think about that wonderful ribbon bar of the Luftwaffe Dr that was either lost or is in a USPS officials personal collection along with the uniform that was lost the year. BAD YEAR THAT WAS!!!

Whatever you need for the ribbon bar article I'll have scanned for you. I may have to try the scanner at the office one evening.

#2) that's always been a tough one with the swords and crown.

#3) I may have images saved from when I bought it.

#4 and 6) I may still have old scans of it and some of the others. I'll look around. I got #6 from Stogie Rick years ago.

Guest Rick Research

Argh. No easy hits.

Closest I found for the Bavarian one is VERY close, but he had a CROWN with Swords to his Military Merit Order 4-- Joseph von Parseval matches, otherwise, leaving off a pre-war Spanish Military Merit Order.

the reverse.

BTW, this does not glow in black light and the ribbons are all original. The only thing that seems odd is the crown above the swords has more wear than the swords or the other crown device.

Guest Rick Research

Scan #13 is PERFECT Charles-- when I get beyond the single pix, THAT will go into the section about different states' rules.

Thanks! :cheers:

The Waldeck bar is really interesting.

But as Rick said, nothing with a extra crown from there. Only the first class comes with a crown, but it was part of the decoration itself and no higher class.

By the way - thenever you think of selling this piece, let me know.

I`ve got a whole family of Waldeck`s here and they are always waiting for new members :rolleyes:

greetings

eitze

The Waldeck bar is really interesting.

But as Rick said, nothing with a extra crown from there. Only the first class comes with a crown, but it was part of the decoration itself and no higher class.

By the way - thenever you think of selling this piece, let me know.

I`ve got a whole family of Waldeck`s here and they are always waiting for new members :rolleyes:

greetings

eitze

I'll remember you when I do. Maybe you'll have something I like in exchange...

My guess about the Waldeck bar is that the outfitter simply mounted the devices in the wrong way. The crown+swords device belongs on ribbon #2, which makes it an HHOX rather than the KO4X/RO4X without campaign medal.