News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pin back collecting?

I have a minnie side collection of pinback crosses...

When I see one cheap I take it... I deliberatley limit myself to pinbacks because I dont want to spend much and the screwbacks are toooo much moolah.

Does anyone else set boundries to how they collect EK1s?

Best

Chris

I have a minnie side collection of pinback crosses...

When I see one cheap I take it... I deliberatley limit myself to pinbacks because I dont want to spend much and the screwbacks are toooo much moolah.

Does anyone else set boundries to how they collect EK1s?

Best

Chris

Yes, I do, If I have to take out a second mortgage on the house, or take any food out of my babies mouth, I absolutely draw the line there. :cheeky::cheeky:

I have a grand total of five. Two are attributed - one to a Gefreiter and in a wooden shadow box with his medal bar (EK2 and FKE), and one to an artillery colonel whose medal bar I was outbid on (and the winning bidder wasn't interested in keeping the cross with the bar). The others are just ones I picked up relatively cheaply, mostly KOs, that I put in display cases with some of the medal bars so they look nice.

I try to find a bargin and I look for unusual or seldom seen attachments ( pins or screws)

In any case the cross has to have good eye appeal to me. Not neccessarily mint and

shinney ( in fact I do not own a mint or even a cased cross) but something with nice patina

or good detail.

I have been very lucky to find a nice variety of screwbacks and even a KMST slide type

cross but all were very reasonably priced or the seller let me make extended payments.

I work on a tight budget so if it's not in the right place at the right time--I pass.