News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

...thanks for the positive comments gentlemen...it's always appreicated... :beer:

...the style of this badge reminds me of the old US Marshal badges from the cowboy days...(black & white cowboy films are always good to watch :-)

...with regards to this SA badge, with its fat looking SA emblem, it measures approx 51mm across......I wonder what the 'M.O' means ?

"Herbst-Parade 1933, SA Brigade M.O."

Edited by Scowen

• Replies 404
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a good thing right Mr. Claymore? This way we can have a base for just SA. I am very curious to see how many we have from all of our collections. The moderator or Chairman could delete any we double-post.

...sounds like a good plan to me.... :)

...and seeing as how this thread is all about the SA....

...then it's only fair to have mention of the most well known SA-mann...

...Horst Wessel....

...or maybe mention him twice!

"Horst Wessel Ehrenmalweihe Roth b. N?rnberg 10.Sept.1933"

"Horst Wessel Ehrenmalweihe Vogelsgr?n i.V. 18.Juni 1933"

As requested I have transferred all the overtly SA tinnies that I could find from the database thread to here. If I missed any please let me know. Approx 2 pages were added here.....

Looking through that thread there are plenty of other groups that could have their own threads like KdF, DAF, HJ etc which would perhaps make it less cumbersome.

Cheers

Don

...something new....

...another SA....

...previously I had posted two examples of SA Meissen-made porcelain disc's...each is about 50mm in dia...and neither appears in Tieste...so I'm not sure if they were actually worn as a 'tinnie'...or just handed out as a 'taking part' type of thing....neither of them has an attachment for ease of wear...

...unlike this example...which does appear in Tieste...

..a smaller (37mm dia) disc...with an attachment....and if anyone here know's of a dealer with spare attachments please let me know...I have another similar sized disc without the attachment (which I will post later)....

...the detail on this porcelain disc is quite wonderful...here is the front side...

"SA Standartenaufmarsch, Meissen, 14./15.IV.1934"

Blimey, I've just re-read the whole thread & I don't remember..... not suprised you missed one.

Here you go page 48 post 955

Edited by wood

...Pete, that's a nice looking SA tinnie...

...here's another SA Meissen-made porcelain disc....and NOT listed in Tieste...

...it's the same size as the previous one I posted (37mm dia)....but doesn't have the brass-like attachment....

...I'm really liking these porcelain made discs!

...front side...

"Treu Unserm F?hrer, Alles F?r Deutschland"

...and here's the reverse side of the same disc....matched up with a small photo of a SA musiker from the same Standarte 354 (note collar patch)....

"Standarte 354, Lengenfeld I.V. 3./4.11.1934"

...to return back to tinnies made from tin....

...here's a solid-backed piece....good bit of weight....about 52mm long, with a needle pin to reverse which itself is about 56mm long...

"1.Wintersport-Treffen der SA-Gruppe Th?ringen, 13.u.14.1.1934, Zella-Mehlis-Obersch?nau"

...I'm raising a glass of red wine southwards just for you!

...I've picked up a few more SA myself, but after flicking back through to the start of this thread I noticed some had already been posted by yourself and others, so instead of duplicating the images I think I will post a 'group' shot at some point....just to show 'em off.....

...more tin!

...this SA tinnie must have been hiding away at the back of someone's sock drawer...it's in great condition, the reverse has practically no signs of aging...

"2. Deutsche Gep?ckmarschmeisterschaft - 28.4.35, Brigade 35, Leipzig"