News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"My builds"

StephenLawson

• 2 months later...
    • 1 month later...

Hello Great looking models. :jumping: Snoopy

Thanks Snoopy here is the latest. The kit is the Roden Bristol Fighter F.2b and here is the pilot's left side of the airframe.

425.031.JPG

Bristol F.2B, D-8063 from 139 Sqn, RAF Italian front, summer 1918. Along with its regular service this machine was used when Major W.G. Barker took HRH the Prince of Wales on a familiarization flight.

425.035.JPG

Edited by StephenLawson

Wow, that's a great looking model, of one of my favourite aircraft from wwI. What do you use to rig your models? I have a few wwI models in my unbuilt pile, gathering dust. I have never tried to rig a biplane, a job that looks difficult to me. I am really impressed by the detail on your model, and the woodgrain effect on the propeller.

All the best

Snoopy

For the normal rigging I use smoke coloured invisible thread at about 5-8 mil. On the thicker RAF wires I used black kevlar thread commonly available at .020 thou. I have a how to on rigging at my website. It involves drilling holes through the wing adjacent to the struts. Careful planning and patience do the trick. Thank you for your kind words. Edited by StephenLawson

• 4 weeks later...