News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Knight's Cross Price?

Guest Darrell

Hi All,

I know there are a lot of makers etc, but in general what's a good price range for a good condition Knights Cross with ribbon in case?

Thanks.

Let me ask you a similar question:

I know there are a lot of makers etc, but in general what's a good price range for a good condition Car with airconditioning?

:rolleyes:

Hi All,

I know there are a lot of makers etc, but in general what's a good price range for a good condition Knights Cross with ribbon in case?

Thanks.

A ball park figure would be ?4,000-?5,000 (GBP), cased. About $8,000-$10,000 USD.

Edited by Robin Lumsden

Personally I think a good cross with a decent length of ribbon and good condition case will start not be below ?5000. My reasoning being:

Cross including a decent length of ribbon ?4400 (based on the cheapest: S&L/K&Q)

Case ?900 +/-

It's such a difficult price to give as there are so many factors involved. I think you'd be looking at ?7000 +/- for a nice Juncker (based on prices I've seen lately).

Rich

Personally I think a good cross with a decent length of ribbon and good condition case will start not be below ?5000. My reasoning being:

Cross including a decent length of ribbon ?4400 (based on the cheapest: S&L/K&Q)

Case ?900 +/-

It's such a difficult price to give as there are so many factors involved. I think you'd be looking at ?7000 +/- for a nice Juncker (based on prices I've seen lately).

Rich

Rich is right, between ?6000.00-?7000.00 for a nice cased RK if you can find one.

Allan

In that case then, how much would the RK award document be on its own (named) and/or with the original RK?

Hope I'm not off topic here.

Henry

All depends on the recipient, an urkunde to a high scoring fighter pilot or an SS Panzer ace are going to command a lot more than say an artillery General.

Dave

Yeah, I kind of figured that. Is there an average price for the document -no hero, no ace or elite - just a regular Heer officer? I would imagine that the document is more rare than the medal, but would it be as desireable and therefore as expensive?

Yeah, I kind of figured that. Is there an average price for the document -no hero, no ace or elite - just a regular Heer officer? I would imagine that the document is more rare than the medal, but would it be as desireable and therefore as expensive?

Don't think there really is an average price for an RK urkunde because every one is unique and it can also depend on condition etc.

I think the last one I saw for sale which was to a Colonel of an Infantry Regt and was the full leather Mappe with urkunde was ?8500GBP.I believe the award date was early war, 1941 I think. The recipient went on to win the Oakleaves also.

Dave