News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

rarity of certain medals

Hi!!!

I have come by a few items which i know are quite scarce; but i am not sure exactly how scarce!!! I will list them & give the amount i payed for them. If somone could tell me if i have picked a good deal, a normal deal or a bad rip off i will be most gratful.

Thank you!

1) Albanian Partizan Star, 1st class - ?35

2) Czech Red Banner of Labor , cased, mid 1970's type - ?35

3) Czech Order of Labor, 1950's type - ?45

4) Bulgarian Partizan Star & Document, 1960 - $70 (U.S.)

5) Russian Partizan Medals 1st & 2nd, - ?95 each

As i cannot provide scans, i only expect a quick opinion. They are all in good condition; all have obviously been worn; only the Bulgar Partizan Star has a small enamel repair.

Hi!!!

I have come by a few items which i know are quite scarce; but i am not sure exactly how scarce!!! I will list them & give the amount i payed for them. If somone could tell me if i have picked a good deal, a normal deal or a bad rip off i will be most gratful.

Thank you!

1) Albanian Partizan Star, 1st class - ?35

2) Czech Red Banner of Labor , cased, mid 1970's type - ?35

3) Czech Order of Labor, 1950's type - ?45

4) Bulgarian Partizan Star & Document, 1960 - $70 (U.S.)

5) Russian Partizan Medals 1st & 2nd, - ?95 each

As i cannot provide scans, i only expect a quick opinion. They are all in good condition; all have obviously been worn; only the Bulgar Partizan Star has a small enamel repair.

Hi,

Prices you are listing are good deals, you can ceratinly sell the medals for more if you want to. Overall medals are not that scrace, most can be found within reasonable period of time.

Rarer ones are Czech orders (especially 1950 type) and document for Bulgarian Partizan Star.

William

I agree! I need to get pictures for security reasons too. To show them off would be a pleasure, but i have no one to help me with it all. I look after my disabled mother 24/7; i am registered disabled myself!! Time is never kind to me. If i can persuade my sister or my daughter or ex girlfriend to lend a hand with the scanning (& the digital camera) i would be happy to show off my treasures to you all.

With luck, you will all get to see my humble collection.

My Russian partisan medals have caused me some concern!!!! About a month after i payed ?95 each for my Odessa medal & Sevastapol, i discovered that they were fakes; though VERY good fakes!!! I can tolerate some copies as space fillers, of the very rare items; i enjoy receiving a gift from somone with this in mind; but the fakes of the common items have no good purpose. A relative got me a nice copy of a Glory 1st class, to sit beside my origional 2nd & 3rd. This was kind, & i have little chance of ever getting a real 1st class. It fulfilled it's purpose of making a set which looks pleasing to display.

The fake medals that are easy & cheap to aquire just serve to irritate & rob!!! If a fake is sold as a fake to represent a rare item, then all is fine- but ALL fakes should be clearly marked as such. I pray that my partizan medals are genuine; so far everyone that has seen them says that they are; but i still worry!!

Odds are the Bulgarian badge is real. There is an earlier version which is rarer but the document is key. The records are still there, albeit under lock and key. In ten years-things shall be different.

I'd also worry about the partisan medals-but hey, you never know. How much do they weigh? Have you checked the mass?

I'd go for a Hungarian partisan badge next-you never know! The Partisan badges etc. are vastly underrated given the purported dangers they represented.

I have some more questions to ask! You guys are far more experienced than i am; & your collections outwheigh mine by 50 -1!!

I have been offered a 1st type, North Korean Order of Labor. It is the N. Korean made type with a pin rather than a screw attachment. The condition is good; obviously worn, with slight wear the design, a small crack on the banner enamel; the steel pin is rusty, causing the point to have disappeared, but it still fastens. Overall it is a 'perfectly worn' example. The number is 1161.

For ?135, is this a good deal? I think it may be; i have seen these on a Chinese website for $300; the Soviet ones are, of course, in the $1000s!!

I you lot say this a good buy, then i shall buy.

There is also an Albanian Order of Bravery for ?95; again in worn condition, with slight wear; but the enamel is perfect! Should i go for this too?

I have some more questions to ask! You guys are far more experienced than i am; & your collections outwheigh mine by 50 -1!!

I have been offered a 1st type, North Korean Order of Labor. It is the N. Korean made type with a pin rather than a screw attachment. The condition is good; obviously worn, with slight wear the design, a small crack on the banner enamel; the steel pin is rusty, causing the point to have disappeared, but it still fastens. Overall it is a 'perfectly worn' example. The number is 1161.

For ?135, is this a good deal? I think it may be; i have seen these on a Chinese website for $300; the Soviet ones are, of course, in the $1000s!!

I you lot say this a good buy, then i shall buy.

There is also an Albanian Order of Bravery for ?95; again in worn condition, with slight wear; but the enamel is perfect! Should i go for this too?

If I were you I would post the pics of N Korean order here before buying. I never heard of 1st type pin-back. What you were offered could be modified award.

William

• 2 weeks later...

If I were you I would post the pics of N Korean order here before buying. I never heard of 1st type pin-back. What you were offered could be modified award.

William

Hi!

I cannot yet post pictures; i have no scanner! My sister has a digital camera, but she is never free to help me organise how to use it! For now it will have to be just a description; sorry!

The North Korean Order Of Labor is a type 1, variant 3. It is North Korean made, with a horizontal pin; numbered 11708. It is ?135. There is obvious evidence of being worn, but no damage.

Is this a good deal??