News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Stromm(e) ... in NKVD Aviation

I mentioned at Post #7 here that I had come across a photo of a young tsarist officer (or cadet) whose name, Karl Stromm, is very close to mine, Charles Stromme. I forgot to follow up with a post that included the photo. It's just one of many things that I overlook doing when I commit to them from overseas. Then this last trip the family came up with a few other things for me. They're are pretty interesting, at least to me, and I'll share them here.

First, here is the 1907 photo of Karl Stromm:

Edited by Chuck In Oregon

His son was Yuri Strom, who seems to have dropped an M from his last name. He is said to be the round-faced guy in the center, facing left, hands clasped. Nothing on the back of the photo. This is said to be his NKVD aviation unit.

Congratulations on your newly acquired group, chuck.

Your collection of badges never ceases to amaze me :jumping:

Jan

Thank you, Jan and Ed. I'm glad you enjoy seeing them. I'm getting enough of them that I'm going to have to sell those that are not in a theme of particular interest to me, just to support my own collecting habits. One of these days. Not today.

I'll be posting a few more in the near future. Stay tuned.

Chuck