News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

50 Year CPSU member badge set

Hi all,

Here's my latest... a gift from my Mrs. I've seen these badges by themselves on Ebay a few times as well as a few dealer sites... but I've only seen the document for one on a dealer site and that separate from the badge. I love this as it's a complete set:

From what I understand it was awarded to an Armenian by the name of Ohajanian Hrachia Agasievich... a member of the Communist Party since 1931. :jumping::jumping:

My understanding is these were silver (gold plated and enameled). Neat little badges. :love: Can't wait till it arrives so I can see it in person as so far I've only seen pics of these.

If anyone has any other examples of either the badge or document I'd love to see them. And of course if anyone has any additional info on these please feel free to add to the thread. I'd looked but could not find any of these so hoping this will be another good topic.

Thanks, :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

I read that as Grachya Agasievich Ogandzhanyan. Male from the middle name. Can't read the local Party stamp since it's in Armenian.

Here's one from a retired Police Lt Col, Mikhail Petrovich Gusev--

Member since 1932, issued by Krasno'selsky Party office in the city of Leningrad, where he served during the war as a Major.

Compare the tiny lapel badge with this gong he also got from the Komsomol a couple of years later

Hi Rick,

Many thanks for posting your examples. Wow... if that other award is about the size I think it is then these 50 year pins must be awfully tiny! :speechless1: As I say I've only seen pics... never one in the flesh so I'm really looking forward to getting mine and seeing what they actually look like. You'd sure think they'd have done something more impressive... but then again this is the same bunch who did those 25th Anniversary of the end of the GPW medals which compared to the rest of the series is a joke by comparison... I like them but still very tinny and small.

Am I correct that the 50 year pins are silver which has been plated?

Dan

I can't quarrel with the transalliteration of the first name. However, I have a friend in Armenia with the same first name. He pronounces it, and writes it in English as, "Hrach", pronounced with a guttural "r".

Talk about useless information! But that's the way he and his family say it.

Chuck

• 4 months later...